Staying positive increases your

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys I know we alll pass through bouts of ups and downs with this condition, but I was reading that apparently positive thinking does wonders for helping speed up recovery! So try stay poisitve and remember you aren’t the only one going through this, it is a horrible condition but we could be off much worse (actually having 100% hearing loss). 

I’m not one to talk as I too have my reallly pessimistic days such as earlier today when I was trying to study for my exams and I just couldnt focus but at the end of the day I do believe our bodies know that there is something off and they will heal with time even though it might take quite a while.

Another important point I wanted to list is: Please don’t compare your life right now to how it was prior to this condition as it will just make the situation a million times worse for you, consider this as a challenge which you will conquer at the end of the day. I am quite sure this is not permanent it does not make sense for it to be and although it might take time for it to heal it definitely will (depending on its cause of course)

slight update to I have started taking tea with ginger turmeric honey and lemon, I’m not one to usually believe in this natural remedy stuff as my mind is quite scientific but I thought i might give it a shot as alt of people I know swear by it.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Luke.

You're absolutely right. I have even suffering from this since a month now. To be honest, it wasn't easy for me. But I'm trying to be positive now. I also have buzzing in my ear. That makes things even worse. But hey, my ENT says it's completely reversible. He talked to me about this condition for 30 mins.

I wish I could drink tea, but I'm allergic to tea :D Anyway. Good luck smile

• Posted

Hey abhi could you maybe share with us what your ent told you?

Also this isn’t exactly tea i Just boil ginger slices use the water, add some honey lemon and turmeric spice and I drink it. So its not exactly tea 

• Posted

i also completely emphatize withyou about the buzzing, I developed high pitched tinnitus recently praying it gets better but its not loud so its not bohtering me, knock on wood.
  • Posted

Hi Luke,

So, I visited 4 ENTs in a month. The first one did an endoscopy into my nasal cavity and said that I had allergic reactions which caused snoring and it might be the cause of tinnitus too. I actually went to an ENT for tinnitus. He put me on anti histamine and steroid nasal spray. He also gave me Gingko Bibola. My T increased in the next week. I went to two other ENTs for second opinion and they said it's the same. But last week my sister who is a medical student, took me to her professor in college who heads ENT department. He diagnosed that it's ETD and asked me to stop all the allergy medication. Until last week, I didn't even know it was ETD. He also showed me how mucus was clogged in my inner ear using some sort of camera. He made correct diagnosis and put me on mucolytic syrup which melts mucus and helps in draining. He took extra time to explain me how eustachian tube works. He simply told me to give it time as it is completely reversible. Excess mucus in inner ear was due to extreme cold weather and my deviated nasal septum. Also, steam inhalation helps me a lot. That's my story with ETD. It's annoying for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna go away.

I'll definitely try ginger, turmeric and honey smile

• Posted

Hey man thats great to hear omg ❤️ Really nice of your sister to do that for you. hey could you please tell me what the active igredient is in the mucolytic syrup?
    • Posted

OH MY GOD IVE BEEN TAKING THAT, cause i had some research about it around a month ago.
    • Posted

That's good to know. I feel like we are on right medication. If I may ask, What else are you taking?

• Posted

Interesting to hear about excess mucus being caused by deviated nasal septum,as I have that plus a huge hole left in my septum by a surgery that was meant to straighten my septum but went very wrong
  • Posted

Hi Luke , and fellow readers.   I’ve never posted on a forum but this ETD is so strange and no way to tell others about, and so I found this site tonight and was very grateful there are others who understand and we can support and encourage each other.  I’m brewing that ginger tea as I type!  THANK YOU for the reminder to keep a positive attitude, Luke.  I needed to hear exactly those words tonight.

An infection caused my eardrum to burst last May and that is when everything changed in my life.  I have tried just about everything, and I have gone through months of hell and discomfort.  I am finally seeing some good days, in fact, more good days than the poor days!  I have found what has helped me is intense exercise, something to really get the heart rate up and blood rushing.  I also now chew bubble gum.  Every day.  All day.  I hate how it looks so I monitor myself in public, but it has really helped.  Plus I do a lymph drainage massage for eustacian tubes, which I found on the internet.  The therapist demonstrating it is Heather.  The other thing which helps is distraction, as much as possible.  But when it’s all quiet and here I am, alone with this ear thing, I know I still have an issue.  It has changed me, sadly, as I was a calm, quiet soul, and now I am anxious, for some strange reason.  Never have experienced this in my life!  My family doctor has drugs for me, but I said NO, I want to manage this somehow.

i had been managing fine, but crashed tonight, so I was very thankful to read such uplifting comments.  And thank you to those who reminded me once again that our bodies can and will eventually heal.

im finding everyone in life has something they must endure and deal with, and I am thankful that my challenge is just this, and nothing worse.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.