STD Herpes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I had sex about 5 weeks ago more of a short affair and Although I wore protection it wasnt covering all. I was in the heat of the moment and should have stopped. 

about 5 weeks later i have a red rash below head of penis.

Its hard to make out what is their as maybe tiniest of blisters and tiny itching feeling. I didnt notice a fever yet or swollen lymth nodes as i read was common. I got a test done which i find out on Monday. I also when masterbating had this red patch and seemed to heal then form like lesion. It seemed to be about 5 days ago and then after the bigger red patch came.

I am wondering the worst at the moment as its not usual for me to have prolonged red marks on my penis if im infected.

I can only think the worst about it at the moment because it wasnt a stable relationship.

I was wondering if this is usual in STDs?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A first outbreak of herpes would normally show up much sooner, usually within a week, maybe two. Also, if infected while wearing a condom, you'd expect the outbreak to occur at the exposed base, not right under the head which should still be covered. Blisters/sores and swollen lymph nodes are common with first outbreaks and you don't seem to have either. What type of test did you get done?

• Posted

Thanks, I think also the lady was touching my penis, trying to put on condom so not sure if she touched herself first.

I got some shooting in my leg on hamstrings which happened about 2 weeks later. 

I have got HSV1,2 IgM and IgG and the lab said would take 2 to 3 days. I didnt see a doctor. I am in Vietnam currently. 

I dont have much money so went directly to a laboratory. 

Some spend hundreds here on a test. I cant afford that.

Yes, I see today like over 20 tiny little white blisters, nothing filled with puss and not itiching hardly and not painful. 

• Posted

Herpes blisters don't contain pus, but once they burst and ulcerate, they can form pus or look white as if they do. You would expect some contact pain as well with herpes. It thus does not sound like herpes, but you never know, and the best way to test for it if you're worried is a swab test of the actual bumps. The IgM test is very unreliable and not useful, while the IgG test is only good after 2 but usually 3 months from exposure.

• Posted

Also it was a blood test had done.

I also had a swab of urethra and put it onto one lesion.

I dont have fluid filled blisters so dont know how can test them.

At least not yet as this is ongoing.

• Posted

Crossed messages. Okay, good. Seems like you had it swabbed as best you could.
    • Posted

Thank you,

I didnt try to touch too much. just seems like mor little white spots coming and general redness.if im sleeping on my front its not too sore if touches something. just feels a bit tingly. 

I guess from what you say that my results wont give me peace of mind.

Its the only ones can afford at the moment but I could maybe re-test in2 months time.

Do you think the IgG will give some idea of herpes in the system?

seems some of the women on here talk of a lot of pain, and ive seen some big old blisters with liquid in them, men and women. 

I dont have any puss. looks a bit like messy, so many white dots.

• Posted

IgG antibodies against herpes can take anywhere between 1-3 months post-infection to reach detectable levels, and this varies from person to person, so it doesn't really tell you too much before then, other than whether you were already a carrier of the virus. White bumps really doesn't sound like herpes. Are they hard and shiny, or are they fleshy, or do they seem like they are fluid-filled?

• Posted

Hello,

It didn't seem like hard white pimples and wasn't any puss.

I was first tested positive gonorrhea, after doctor in Vietnam said didn't think it was from my symptoms.

Today had my herpes test positive and positive fungal infection. It smells.

HSV 1,2 Igm Elisa pos 32.9 U/mL (20 Gz. 20-30 U/ml)

HSV 1,2 IgG Elisa pos 2000 U/ml (20,Gz.20-30U/ml)

this result about 6 weeks since intercourse.

I heard cell culture is good test, is that swab?

Should there be a urine test?

Also heard polymerase chain reaction is a better test.

Not sure I can get that here.

So thinking worst now.

Will retest 6 weeks.

The red rash and white marks look a bit like pics of fungal candida infection.

No pain, just some itch.

Some red spots above bottom.

• Posted

IgM is unreliable and your IgG was combined, so not as useful. I also don't know which test kit they used, as the results are unlike any I've seen to date, so I don't know what to make of them. Herpes doesn't smell, so that is from the fungal infection or something else. The best test for herpes is the pcr swab, then the viral culture swab. Both typically require lesions or bumps to swab.

• Posted

Thank you. If I ask what kit used would it help? Is it a name or number you look for?

I couldn't see much in the way of an open sore which I think is a lesion. Yes some red marks and white bumps very small scaling over in a day but no liquid,puss.

I've had no pains or pain in urinating.

Just itch and tender to touch.

Looks a bit mouldy. Washed it and white starting to come back.

Doctor was dismissive of gonorrhea result. I had stiffness in back of my neck and some shooting pain in hamstring but no fever, or problems with lymph nodes.

I'm a bit worried why foreign doctor dismissed gonorrhea result and she made big drama over smell like I was dirty man.

I did get some red spots above bottom.

I had a swab I put over a red patch.

Not sure they have more types of tests here.

Would you say maybe just repeat this one in 6 weeks making total time 3 months since exposure.

HIV 5 weeks on negative and I'll repeat that one too.

• Posted

So what did this foreign doctor diagnose or suggest? If unhelpful, maybe see a different doctor. Do you mean you tested positive for gonorrhea? Were you treated?
    • Posted

the doctor and laboratory contradiction. they say positive gonorrhea and doctor dismissed it.

I should see her now I got positive herpes test.

But she wouldn't say how much money and the private hospital so expensive just to even see doctor.

All I can see now is like yeast marks. Didn't have really open sores or liquid spots.

No pains.

Very confusing yet supposedly have 3 STDs.

I think I should go back this old woman doctor but if doesn't vaccination for ghonorhea I may go private and ask it done as blood test said positive.

The laboratory guy said Suffer fungal and gonococci infection but not severe, may be not in acute stage.

And HSV1, 2 that it's suitable to my condition, and it's exact.

I don't know why he said suitable as apart from shooting pains in hamstring, some red spots on bottom, mouldy white spots, I can't see anything but some red patches. Feeling very sad.

• Posted

It doesn't sound like herpes and just because you tested positive doesn't mean that you have it genitally. The combined test means it's either HSV 1 or 2 and the odds are it's HSV1 orally. Your genital symptoms seem to be from something else.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind advice. I really hope so. I can't find out if a different test at the private laboratory so I will see the doctor and try to get a fungal cream and if she doesn't give gonorrhea vaccination I have to go private and hope they accept its result and vaccinate me at least as a precaution and I will retest private if they have better test 6 weeks later.

• Posted

Good luck and let me know how it goes. It's a shame there aren't better, more affordable doctors where you are. I don't understand why your doctor dismissed your gonorrhea test results. If that happens again or similar, ask for an explanation and keep asking until you're satisfied with the answer, as you're paying for the consultation!

• Posted

Hello,

Went to local doctor. Nurse took a blade to my penis,scraped some skin off then shoved a metal loop after burning it into dead end tube above urethra.

Not one wee out of.

Blood test too.

All tests 6 weeks after exposure came back negative except fungal and given tablets and cream for it.

HSV2 wasn't done as they don't have it.

He said the picture of my penis only showed fungal.

Doesn't see symptoms and said no problem in broken English .

We were going through google translate.

My other option is pay more in 10 weeks and do HIV, gonorrhea, HSV2 again. Or just wait after fungal is gone for symptoms.

Like you said, no fluid filled spots, no discharge, no pain and no pain when weeing. I will just wear better protection next time.

I think I've done as much as I can do and just have to get on with life.

Thank you

• Posted

Given the state of medical services over there, I think you've done all you can, too. Treat the fungal infection, you don't seem to have tested positive for gonorrhea this time, and anything else by blood (e.g., HIV, HSV) isn't worth testing till 3+ months. Most accurate and will save you money. Take care!

• Posted

Thank you. I will go to a more expensive private hospital in 2 months.
    • Posted

Hi,

I just noticed some 3 redish marks with brown tinge on them on my foot. They are tiny bit sore but not to touch.

I didn't notice before.

I heard herpes can go on foot and stomach but I'm surprised as no marks where I had physical contact.

It's 7 weeks in.

Should I get them seen at the private hospital or wait another 6 weeks until 3 month mark?

Doesn't look like insect bite.

• Posted

Hi,

I read that if you have contact at a part of body with the person with herpes towel you can get it their like foot.

My question is once it's gone does it reappear on a foot or can spread to other parts or one off infection? It won't be HSV1 as we didn't kiss.

I'm wondering now if you can get it any part of body from say a handshake or item belonging to them.

It seems strange HSV2 known as genital herpes and can get first symptoms on foot. I've read others testing positive on this, but what happens after? Spreads genitals next time.. Also condoms don't sound much protection for a girl if I had it.

• Posted

If it's on your foot, it's not related. Location and timing is all wrong. Also, to get it from a towel on your foot, you'd need to have used the towel immediately after she had used it on her genitals/sores and rubbed that same part of the still-damp towel over broken skin on your foot...

• Posted

Hello,

its been a couple of weeks since all the drama.

I wanted to ask you a question because so much different information,

I read one person saying they were a doctor online and that you cant have HSV2 other than the genitals. I have had some slightly painful sores on left foot and now on my right chin leg. I never had in my life so im wondering as not knocked it and doesnt seem to be many insects here whether it could be HSV2?

• Posted

Also I heard in Vietnam no test seperate from IgG and IgM combined.

Only perhaps PCR swab test and serum. 

Is it best to go with my leg pain to have this swabbed at the clinic?

And if it is HSV2 can this spread to my genitals next time?

What else could it be.

• Posted

You can get HSV2 elsewhere besides the genitals, yes, but it is uncommon.Your leg/foot issue is not likely connected, plus you are not even certain you have HSV2. Personally, I would not worry about it unless whatever it is on your leg looks like blisters, but you can of course get it swabbed if you want to.

That is unfortunate Vietnam does not offer type-specific IgG antibody testing for herpes. Perhaps the next time you travel to another country you can enquire there. When it comes to herpes, pcr testing is only good for skin lesions, not blood, as herpes is not blood-borne.

• Posted

Hello,

I had PCR blood and swab test on leg lesion sores which scab. After 2 and a half months. I am dismissing blood test results as you said over 3 months better but swab was negative.

It said 1 and 2 are negative.

So I'm unsure what scab behind knee is and other 2.

Some say don't get HSV2 below knee.

I appreciate your advice please.

• Posted

Does not sound like you have herpes. The swab was negative, and it is very unlikely to get herpes around your knees, especially with a first outbreak. I think you are starting to get too worried about this now!
    • Posted

Hello,

I wasnt on here a long time.

After so much stress, and reoccurances, it seems it was fungus in the end.

it looked like could have been any number of things with red patch, scaly white spots. i went to many places and paid a lot for tests. 

later i found i had thyroid problems and i think they have been making extra skin diseases as i had some on my legs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.