STD? Herpes? Vestibular papiilae?

Posted , 2 users are following.

so ive been itchy inside my vagina and sometimes in the clitoris area. when i looked in the mirror i didnt see anything abnormal. i dont have any unusal discharge or smell. but when i took a picture with my cellphone with the flash on and zoomed in i noticed a yellowish canker sore looking bump on my labia majora. it does not hurt when i pee. ive also been with just my boyfriend for the last 5 months.

of course i have been looking online to see if anyone else has had simliar systoms and it all points towards herpes. but then i found a case of a girl who had vesitbular papillae. i think it looks a little simlair to what i have. please take a look and tell me what you think... should i be worried?! 

i already called my family doc. but he wont be in until the end of august! i really need help to put my mind at ease.

thank you!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It could be vesitbular papillae, if it is it shouldnt hurt or itch because i have a similar case called fordyce spots which i have a post about... but vesitbular papillae is normally caused by some sort of bactiria called candida.... normaly the spots dont swell orblook like thatvnut who kbows... the best thing to do is to goto a doctor because it could be herpes although herpes normaly form in clusters
  • Posted

I looked at your previous descussions because i wanted to see if u had a similar case before... but im just wondering, what did that other thing turn out to be? Because that could help alot with figuring out whats wrong
    • Posted

Ok sothat wouldnt have anything to do with it, but it might be herpes or just a sore that will take care of itself because the condision u think u might have is basically the female equivilent to male papules and it doesnt look like that... if it doesnt clear up in a little while and if it causes any sort of discomfort u should get it checked, if it gets better or if u have any more info on it that u think might help just msg me and post it on the threa. Hope it gets better soon smile
  • Posted

Looking at it closer now it could be the condition you were talking about but it is hard to see with the picture, if the picture was a bit more zoomed in on the inside, it might be easier to determain what it is because i only seen the one sore but it might not even be a sore because it looks as if theres multipe tiny ones but that could just be the light reflecting off your skin i dont know. are the sores solid, scabby, or filled with some sort of fluid?
    • Posted

here are some more pictures... its just like one big yellowish bump that i have. it kinda looks like the inside of my vagina is like scaly and dry.
    • Posted

If it dry and scaly it could be herpes but for all we know it could be harmles check with ur dr as soon as u can but u can try bying some lotion, or rash cream... or u can try aplying some aloe gel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.