Stem Cell Recovery Forum: Arthritis and Cartilage Injections

Posted , 88 users are following.

A place for patients (and prospective patients) of Stem Cell procedures related to arthritis and cartilage building due to athletic injury, wear-and-tear and arthritis.

7 likes, 187 replies

187 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I had stem cell therapy done one month ago on both hips! Starting to feel better after a lot of discomfort. I'm doing therapy 2x a,week and at home to strengthen and stretch my hips and legs. (I am a professional choreographer/ Director / dance instructor.) I keep seeing a term on this blog that I am not familiar with? The "clean up period at the two month mark". Can someone explain this?

Thanks so much!

• Posted

What about stem therapy treatment in the feet?  I HATE arthritis  at 62.  No one had it in the family at that age - more like 80+.... 

I loved walking and now it is torture.  The surgeon was absolutely no help.  He poked my feet and wrote it off as arthritis.  Said an operation (fusion) might not help at all - in fact may make it worse.  Gee, that made my day.

• Posted

I had placental stem cells injected in my arthritic right hip joint 10 weeks ago.  I have followed the anti-inflammatory regime, and have been able to recover some of my pre-injection activity.  Is this good or not good?  I can't be sure there is stem cell activity.  Can I look forward to expanding benefits, or more of what I've seen so far?

Hoping to hear from hip patients further along the process.

Thanks,

Jim

• Posted

my doc did 6 week series  of cortisone/hyalaronic lube shots first, waited a few, then did placental stem cell/ prp mix followed by 2 more PRPs a month apart.   I started slowly getting around better and after 4 mos, went back to work.  I'd say I am 60-70% healed after 6mos since last PRP.  Not as strong as I was hoping but still have hope that the stem cells will continue on their magic for up to a year.  Doc has anecdotal evidence to that effect on his patients.  I can do 3-4 mile days but hurt a little and have to rest it off.  Have grabbed the NSAIDs for a series to knock out inflammation 3-4 times since shots.  Progress is so slow difficult to notice, except I now find myself almost at a normal activity level for a 65 year old.

• Posted

guys I am only 30 with bilateral knee pain and dignosed with bilateral meniscus tear and mild osteoarthritis. I am very worried as I could not continue my field job. we don't have stem cell here in pak but do have some private doctors doing that.

what you guys suggest doing surgry or start doing prp therapy on continue basis.

much worried what should be course as I have pain in knee plus some tightness in quads and hip discomfort.

regards

• Posted

I am now 12 weeks post stem cell injections in both knees and a toe joint. I have osteoarthritis. Stem cells were obtained through Lipogems procedure. I do physical therapy religiously to build muscle strength and increase mobility while protecting the knee joint. I am now much worse than before the injections, in terms of mobility, pain, and ability to function. And during the last month, one of the knees starting feeling incresingly worse as the month progressed.

Are their others who have had such a negative experience? Anyone who has had a late turn around? I have scheduled an appointment to explore TKR, as I want my life back.

• Posted

hi all, I have meniscus tear in both knees want to go with surgry for one and opt prp therapy for other...one for surgry has history of locking. want to know how many days should I not use NSAID or other anti inflamatory medicine after prp.

problem is I waited so long to make this conclusion. As at age30 don't want to mess up. and now I found a private doctor for prp who will be visiting my area on 12_16 every month. and if I go wit this it might be effecting my surgry which is scheduled for 21 as I might need to take enough NSAID after surgery. and if I miss I will be getting surgry date after month and half or so...

• Posted

I am 8 weeks post stem cell injection into my left knee. My pain is now almost nonexistent. I won't lie though, the injection itself and the first 2 weeks post injection was VERY painful. I was told upfront that it could take up to 6 months to get the full effects from the injection. They harvested the stem cells from the fat removed from my stomach. The entire procedure took 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.  My experience has been very positive and would do it again in a minute.

• Posted

I am looking into stem cell for my knee. I've read about cells harvested from your own hip bone, spun down and then injected into your knee. I've also read about using your own cells combined with placenta or amniotic cells. Do you know anything about that? Where did you have your injection done? What was the cost?

• Posted

They harvested the stem cells from fat in my stomach area.. put it through the process while I watched. Then injected the cells. I had it done in Atlanta for 3k for 1 knee. I am still trying to build the muscles back up in that leg where I babied it for so long. But pain is pretty much gone at this point. 

• Posted

It's good to know it worked for you, as I mentioned, I am 8 weeks post stem cell and PRP treatments, knees still stiff, one knee there is a little pain

My Doc left the practice, and am seeing the founder of the clinic, but, last visit, he had my knees sized for braces, which I am skeptical of, but will try them. My next appointment is June 7th, hopefully time will help.

I've read where more than one PRP treatment can hurt more than help, any info on that would be helpful. I started to wear a compression brace on my one knee when I work out, my therapy stopped about a week or two ago, 8 weeks of it

Any comments would be helpful

Thanks

• Posted

I read a study and you can google it, that physician therapy and rest has a better out come than TKR. I have had a torn meniscus for years and mananged to keep it well thru PT shoes and shoe inserts. It has turned into osteoarthritis and thought about stem cell too. Would hope that the US would approve it. It could help many with all types on issues. It's approved in other countries. Yet PRP treatment is not as successful as stem cell. I would try it before surgery it's worth a shot.

• Posted

i have a question about stem cell regeneration or PRP's for shoulder joints.  i am not that old and i have no cartilege in my shoulder.  i have tried cortizone shots and they work for about 2-3 weeks and the pain and limited mobitlity come back with advengence.  my doctor is pretty conservative but said if i am ready for shoulder replacment, i should be a good candidate.  i am not excited about the replacement but can't live in the extreme pain.  i have other neurological and muscular issues and am not sure how i would heal.  i just started looking into stem cell and PCP.  has anyone had good success on their shoulder?  complications?  where did they have it done?

?thank you. i am scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks but will cancel if find a different viable option.

• Posted

February will be one year since I had my knee which was bone on bone injected with stem cell. I also had my shoulder injected which had a 90% tear. My shoulder is 100% now, and my knee is about 70% improvement. Premier Stem cell in Loveland Colorado is outstanding! Worth the trip and definitely worth the money! You will not be well overnight but as time goes on you will continue to get better. Send them your records and if your problem can't be helped with stem cell they will let you know.

• Posted

HELP! Not getting relief after 6 months out from stem cell therapy! Thinking I will do PRP again...I am a choreographer / dance instructor an teach 22 to 25 classes a week..I am good until 1pm in the afternoon then the pain sets in...not old enough or want to retire and I am an independent contractor. .... looking for pain meds and a double brace for arthritic hips! Please help!
    • Posted

Hi Molly1....I think my response was addressed to jeff and when I tried to copy & paste it didn't work. I think you will see it anyway. Good luck to you. I am a dancer/teacher in pain as wellsad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.