Gentle hugs to all xsmile

5 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well said Kaz....

I think I can manage those. wink xx

• Posted

hi Bee Its the drama I need to keep away fromlol it seems to follow me around at times. gentle hugs  take care xx
  • Posted

Easier said than done, pleased you can say all that though, wish i could say n do  all those things. well done to you xxxx

• Posted

It's the willpower that will do it and knowing that we have the right to say NO and not feel bad about it.

This is one technique I learnt in my CBT therapy and if it wasn't for that I would be struggling to say NO, as well as staying away from negativity.

It can all be achieved if one has a calm and positive attitude in life. Everyone can be negative with a click of a finger but staying positive is a challenge in itself but rest assure it can be done even with us Fibro People.  Onwards and upwards is my way forward with a positive and calm manner.

Gentle hugs all round.   wink xx

• Posted

Hi Bee I use to feel bad saying no to people, but not any more I dont. Ive always put other people 1st but now Im putting me 1st for a change. If I dont want to do something I dont. I keep away from people that are negative and cause me hurt. that has helped also. I am not always calm I do try to keep positive as it has helped me when Ive been more positive. Im not always positive but I do try.take care hun gentle hugs xx onward upwards we go xx
    • Posted

Their are days when it is easier said than done to be honest especially on down days. but plod on as best we can take care gentle hugs xxxx
    • Posted

That's the best way to be ........wink x

• Posted

13. Enjoy life as best as you can cause thats what life is all about
    • Posted

to right to hell with fibro it aint stopping me enjoying my son and wife no dam way its easier said then done but we have to do these things and not let fibro win and take away the best things in our lives and that includes all fibro friends on here we need to stay strong for eachother
    • Posted

smile we need to plod on keep strong for each other support each other the best we can
  • Posted

Hi Kaz. Some of these are easier to do than others.

But a big yes to getting rid of negativity and not being hard on ourselves for things we cannot do.

Dam fibro, gets in the way of a lot of things.

Take care and gentle hugs x

• Posted

Hi Janet some are more easier said than done than others not being round negative people I have found has helped me we shouldnt be hard on ourselves as we didnt ask for this condition we dont want this condition. we would all love to get rid of this condition. fibro gets in the way of alot of things it doesnt like us having fun and going out thats for sure. take care gentle hugx 
    • Posted

fibro wont get in the way of any of us as we are all fibro friends and are in it together and there for eachother
  • Posted

Thanks Kaz, I think I will print this out and pin it above my desk, to remind myself how I should be living my life from now on. I will also struggle with 3 and 5 especially when it comes to family. My motto at present is look forward not back, (except for the good memories), no, I use to be able to...

Cheers Meg

🌺

• Posted

morning Meg I use to struggle with 3 and 5 but not any more, all my life I have always helped people put every 1 first kids family friends hubby every one except me.But now no sorry its me Im first for a change its been along time coming but its me Im now putting 1st. I use to hate saying no to people as Ive never liked letting any one down. but know If I dont want to do something I dont. we were asked to a BQ Last weekend I didnt want to go didnt feel up to it but also feel awkward in situations where their are alot of people. so said to hubby you can go but Im not. he went I didnt. No sorry if I offend any 1 but tough its my time now. we have to look after ourselves if we dont no one else will Ive found. take care meg gentle hugs x
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz, I guess I am lucky my close family seem to be getting it, friends it is not so easy. Never mind just keep plugging on and trying to think of myself a bit more.

Hugs Back

Meg

• Posted

Hi Meg thats the best thing to do just think of yourself for once.Ive always been their for family friends but I found when I needed some one their was never any one their for me to listen to to help to support. Ive always had to sort any problems out my self any upset Ive had just cope on my own with it. so now Im taking careing of me putting me first for once.My friend doesnt understand fibro my husbands family dont care and my husband is trying to understand it. Ive given up trying to ge any one to understand I just get on with it. cope as best I can. being on the forum helps no end. as we all understand what each other is going through. and how we feel. at least we have each other on here take care meg gentle hugs
    • Posted

Hi Kaz it sounds like you have had some tough times but you are remaining strong. I think it is only people who are experiencing this rotten illness really understand our plight. I wish people weren't so judgemental, it particularly hurts when it is family or best friends. My close family are very understanding but haven't heard from my sister in awhile, she obviously doesn't want to know, oh well her loss. 

Some days it is a case of saying 'no regrets, just look forward', and try to find ways of living our lives in the most harmonious way possible and take the moments of pleasure where we can. Be kind to ourselves and don't rail against what could have been, (still working on this one). Keeping one's moods even each day is a challenge sometimes but this forum sure in heck helps.

Many warm hugs Kaz.

Meg

🐼

• Posted

morning Me how are you today? Ive just got in from having blood test.I try and look foward not back, we walk forwards not backwards. we cant go back to how we were. so we must except the new us and go forward. easier said than done at times. Its likeing the new us thats the problem and accepting for how we are now. I have changed so much as a person I dont recognise myself. never mind we are who we are now. Im not in touch with my family, even if I was they wouldnt care. as for friends know understanding their neither.I just plod on in my own sweet way having you girls to chat to is helping me know end. its only us that fully understand fibro and how it affects us. its a shame your sister hasnt been in touch you would think she would be ssuportive their for you. but nothing suprises me where family is concerned. The most important thing for us is try to keep positive hard at time I know, but also be kind to ourselves and treat ourselves. we have to look forward no good looking back. its not going to get us any where by doing that. weve got to go forward. All we can do is plod on the best we can take each day as it comes. get through that day as best we can. and at the end of the day give ourselves a pat on the back as thats another battle weve won.take care meg gentle hugs  
    • Posted

Morning Kaz, very true what you said, but it's not easy to look forwards especially when you keep wanting to look back rolleyes but it is the only way to get through things.

And I want you to know how you have helped people on here, I'm sure I'm not the only one, and I know I don't always get involved in discussions on here, but it's lovely to read your comments and have you on the forum 😁

Gentle hugs, take care

• Posted

Ahhh Thank you so much for saying that, thats really made my day and cheered me up no end. Thats so lovely of you to say that thank you.it means alot me. I have fibro with a passion especially how its changed me and affected me.I try not look back as theirs no point. we cant go back to the people we use to be. we can only go forward and make the most of how life is now. known of us know whats around the next corner. I just plod on in my own sweet way get through each day as best I can.We walk forwards in life, we dont walk backwards. all we can do is take each day as it comes and get through it as best we can. when we get through that day its another battle won.Its an upward battle theirs no denying that. But having you ladies for support really really helps it helps make life that much more bearable. as we know what each other is going through and how we are feeling.thankgoodness for this forum.what we must do is be kind to ourselves and treat ourselves bcause we deserve it. you take care gentle hugs xxsmile
    • Posted

I love your idea of we are always walking forward! I then started thinking about how crazy it would be if we all started walking backwards and it made me laugh.. Now every time I try and look back to my past life I will think, walking backwards is crazy, so thank you, CBT wins again.
    • Posted

lol Id got a picuture in my head of us all walking backwards it made me laugh. Onwards upwards marching forwards we go . take care meg gentle hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.