steroids

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi everyone just need to know if any ones knows how long is takes for steroids to start working iv just been on 2 weeks of antibiotics not done nothing, now iv been put on sterrode 8 a day started yeterday still no change think I will end up in hospital again it's been a year since I was last there ,hope your all not to bad .

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My husband was frequently on Prednisilone and ab. They

the steroids normally helped within 24 hours but as he became a frequent user of them, this was no longer the case. Sadly nothing was helping. Xxxx

• Posted

When I have had steroids they have worked after about 3 or 4 days there not an instant Fix am sorry to say. Sounds like your like me though. I'm in hospital twice a year with chest infections so know how you feel.
  • Posted

Hiya, the steroids should kick in within 48 hours or so.

What's slightly more alarming is that 2 weeks of antibiotics hasn't worked. I wonder if they got the right antibiotics?

My consultant pointed out that sputum sample tests at best get a right bug 4 times in 5 and will often miss other bugs that are there as well.

For instance one time I got penicillin for a bug that showed up on the test, but after another couple of weeks of no improvement was tested again and sure enough there was another bug there that was resistant to penicillin. So changed the antibiotic and felt better quickly.

I hope that you feel better soon, good luck

Sam

• Posted

I'm take amoxicillin sent test in 2 weeks ago come back clear but I had already been taking them 4 days for I could get it to gp. Bonc nurse came out yeterday and my chest was rattling full of flem but can't clear it loads comeing up but still loads left it's really thick yellow/green it's in my sinus as well which is making worse. But thank you for listening. Nurse is ringing with test result on Friday but I'm dreading if I have to go in hospital again . X
    • Posted

I'm really sad and sorry to say my husband passed way 4 weeks ago. Xxxx
    • Posted

If you need a chat anytime I will be around for you xx
    • Posted

Aww I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Sometimes life really does sick. If u need to chat at all I know jojo has said same but am hear x
    • Posted

Thank you, it's just very hard at the moment, but at least his suffering is over, he fought so hard and I'm incredibly proud of him. Xxxxx
    • Posted

So sorry to hear that news. You're in my thoughts and if there's anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask

Sx

• Posted

Hello Ssan so very sorry to hear about your sad loss . May God be with you

and help you in all ways.   Keep in touch with all the people in the bronchi forum, who will be more than willing to talk with you.

God Bless   x

• Posted

So, so sorry to hear the very sad news about your wonderful brave husband.

Thinking of you and sending you big hugs. xxx 

• Posted

I do still read the comments and questions, sadly I'm all to familiar with them, such a horrible disease and I wish you all well and to stay strong. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.