Stew and beetroot

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I decided to have a small amount of beetroot on my sandwich yesterday lunch time. Then I decided to have some of my home made stew (again) I only had a small amount but big mistake. I started on the loo at 2 am and finished at 7 am I still have pain and feel like I need to go. So it's soup for me today. I have had stew before and it upset my stomach but nothing like this   I will never touch that or beetroot again 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Susan just like you i also can,t have beetroot or stews , even though no onions, so its beyond me, did you put vingar in the beetroot? The only soup i can have is chicken with noodles, it,s so miserable this dd, now ive just been told my ct scan shows up a large hiatus hernia, now i know why ive had indestion and heartburn, just something else to cope with, what else can you eat with out any probelm? Hope you feel better soon
    • Posted

I can eat fish chicken mash I manage carrots peas I manage one Yorkshire pudding jelly custard. Branflakes are ok 
  • Posted

Hi Susan, nice to read what you can have, will try these, is there any thing else in your diet you can recommend, im finding so hard to eat the right food mine is so bland, family and friends don,t ask me out any more which breaks my heart, it,s cause im so fearful do you have any suggestions, i must get on all of your nerves asking about this DD, keep well and thank you
    • Posted

It's a lot of trial and error. I was like you at first didn't dare eat much at all   I was advised by falinia to keep a food diary this really helped me. I had a ham sandwich jelly and a pkt of crisps for my lunch. Then chicken mash carrots and a Yorkshire pudding. I can manage cake and custard. Salads are a no no so is red meat   I take fybergel and a probiotic every morning also mabevarine 3 times a day before food. I suggest you keep a diary and then you will see what effects you. I hope you get over your fear of trying different foods. It took me ages too.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.