stiff knee

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi im nearly 8 weeks post op but why is my knee stiff 80% of the time?? It stiffens up as soon as I put it to the floor and continues to be stiff til I lay and rest it??? Is this normal or am I perhaps not exercising enough??? Any suggestions???

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm 6 1/2 weeks post op and like most everyone else my knee still gets stiff, tight and swollen.   Can't wear my "regular pants" yet as they are too tight around my knee. I massage, stretch often and ice, hopefully we'll all be feeling better soon!
  • Posted

Hello Andrea

Lots of good advice here especially from Oldfatguy - I am also going to do what he suggest with the re-hydration maybe that will help with my recovery (12 weeks and back at work).

My knee gets stiff later in the day as I am sat at a desk for most of it - I get up for a walk every half an hour which does ease it.

• Posted

I'm at fifteen weeks, and life in general seems to be getting in the way of exercising (OK, I'm lazy . .) and I have noticed that after a week of not really doing what I should, the knee is stiffer, its more difficult to go down stairs . . . the bend has possibly decreased slightly . so I know i must get back to proper exercising, and just maybe that's your case too???  
    • Posted

I hate to say it martin but you could be right??? il do a bit more tom though I have got my first appt with my cons in the afternoon so il see if more exercise helps??? I am getting a static bike on Thursday so il be able to use that whilst im watchin TV lol
    • Posted

The problem is that short term, the exercising seems to make it more sore. . but long term, it seems to be essential!  You can't win!

• Posted

Your right but also due to the lack of sleep I hit a right tired spot in the afternoon so am too tired to do owt???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.