Stiff knee

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone 24 days post op TKR doing well good ROM but having trouble with movement when getting out of bed very stiff ok once exercised, ice every 2 hrs and on stationary bike 2x 15 mins low resistance still very swollen

Am I being impatient 🐌🐌🐌💃🏼💃🏼??

Thanks Rob

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Completely.  You are at the beginning of a fairly long journey.  Check this...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-tkr-experience-or-wish-i-had-another-kidney-stone--524499

Stiffness could last 12-18 months...or more.  You have a giant mechanical device implanted in your body.  It will never feel like nor act like your original knee...ever.  But you should be able to walk normally without a cane or any pain anywhere from 6 - 18 months.  Plus, you'll pretty much forget that it's even there...most of the time.

However, try and push it...you're screwed...you do NOT want a revision because you made a bad decision...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/do-s-and-don-ts-after-a-tkr-a-typical-list-541794

Those halcyon days of competitive invincibility are gone forever.  Yeah, no more rugby...sorry.  Instead, you now get to do this...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/two-guys-with-canes-limp-into-a-bar--534980

Welcome to the party...

• Posted

Hi all thank you 4 all your replies, I didn't realise how hard this would b I did my upmost 2 prepare 4 this , u have all made me learn that this is a long process I am only 57 yrs young 🙈 And fairly fit cycling and playing golf regularly I have had 2 heart attacks 2nd one due 2 stent collapsing

So I am very keen 2 get back 2 fitness

I am getting there off codeine only on paracetamol not sleeping well do 2 bad tinitus ( previous life motorsport including knee abuse) I have had 2 increase my aspirin

Dose as prevention 4 Dvt which I think is aggravating my tinitus 😡😡 my wife is very supportive including being woke up all hours 🙈🙈🙈

On a lighter note I drove my car 2 day so I feel that I am getting my life back I will get back 2 my mad self 😀😀😀 but probably more slowly than antispated

Thank you all again and take care wishing u a good recovery

Rob 🐌🐌🐌🐌😀😀🙈🙈💃🏼💃🏼🚴🚴??????🏎🏎

• Posted

It is less than 4 weeks since your TKR . This is a serious procedure and takes time to recover from . With the correct physio it will improve with time , the more physio ypu do the better results you will get . Imagine having your leg broken , it wont recover in 24 days . Be patient and things improve quicker .Β 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.