Stiff neck for ages and now tingling/numb fingers & toes

Posted , 14 users are following.

Has anyone suffered with the above - I've had a stiff neck since March with wierd head pressure feelings - I've had a few cranial osteopathic sessions which helped and even went away for a couple of weeks but now it's back and I've had tingling and slightly numb fingers and toes - I am so fed up and terrified it's something really serious - endlessly at the doctor who thinks I'm crazy and says CBT every time - had blood tests in Jan and all fine - does anyone out there get this - it's very debilitating and getting me down. Sorry to bother you all out there but thank god for you x

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes. I have the same neck issues. Every day for probably going on two years.  Nothing has helped permanently as of yet.  I had the tingling and toe thing too for awhile but taking vitamins, probiotics, anti-inflammatory foods, calcium and magnesium oil and supplements helped that.  Keep reading posts on this site and you'll see all the things that work for a ton of us.   I did all the blood work, chiropractors, neurologist, rheumatologist.  Nothing was found. You are not alone.  To alleviate my neck pain, I stretch alot. I do neck retractions - look that up - they help alot.  I use a small neck pillow - like a roll that goes under your neck and then I stretch again.  I am hoping the addition of organic turmeric into my diet will help. I hear it helps alot.  
    • Posted

Thank you Terri - the neck stiffness/spasms have been pretty tough to deal with - am taking Vit B supplements, turmeric and now, as a final resort, giving up caffeine. Your response has helped hugely to calm myself down - thank you
  • Posted

Hi Sophie. I get this too. In fact, I have it today! I too have had ok blood tests and as it's not like it all the time, my doc has put it down to the never ending list of peri symptoms. Incidentally, I also used to get the wierd head pressure feelings as a hormonal teenager too. The stiff neck comes ang goes but sometimes I can hardly move it. As for the tingly fingers and toes, I have this a lot and is also a peri symptom which is quite common. It's always a good thing to get these things checked out, but a lot of these issues are put down to our age. It stresses me out at times and to be honest with you, I am struggling to keep my anxiety under control today. Don't be sorry to bother people. It gives you peace of mind. All the best to you x
    • Posted

Thank you Louise - it makes me feel a whole lot better. This is hell and my anxiety is right up there at the moment - I feel for everyone on this site and read it constantly purely for reassurance - it's just horrible and I feel like I'm the only one in my circle of friends going thru this - half of them think I'm bonkers - thank you for yr reply - I cannot tell you how much it helps and hope yr feeling ok too X 
    • Posted

You're welcome. I too am the only one in my group of friends with this. All the others seem to be carrying on with not a care in the world! And yes, they think I'm bonkers too. In fact, I'm known as the nut job!! It's an ongoing battle. I'm getting better with time as I learn to accept that these feelings are 'normal', but then I encounter a situation like today, with my husband working away overnight, and I find it most difficult to cope.
    • Posted

When the husband is away and yr feeling anxious - that is difficult. I try and get lost in a book - hope you have an OK evening X 
    • Posted

Your right this site reassures you. You can come on here and say your problems and nobody thinks you keep moaning because they are going through it as well. I know what you mean about friends don't seem to be going through it. Well mine don't seem to be half as bad.
  • Posted

Its so good to understand what you have going on and then the anxiusness can be put in a box so you can carry on---its not easy--its a new routine-which is hard because its intangible-just to stop bleeding.   I have MS  and if i did not know this was a Menopause forum  i would think a few women here have MS.  BUT I thought my symptoms of MS were all of a sudden getting creepy...and low and behold it is menopause... I was very happy.  Because this too will pass.
  • Posted

I've had this for a long time. Again a lot of 'flannel' from the doctors BUT after umpteen visits to the docs. He sent me to an orthopedic surgeon who sent me for a MRI. Lo and behold I have three discs out of alignement. The lovely Physio I went to see about my frozen shoulder knew straight off what the problem was (without seeing the MRI) and she has been giving me treatment for that.

There is not a lot they can do (an Op might make it worse) But I do know that a back massage helps SO much. I would really recommend finding a good beauty therapist and getting a back massage with essential oils. She should taylor them to suit you. Mine gets rid of all the knots in my neck and back which relieves the pins and needles the tension in my neck and shoulders and I walk out of there on cloud nine!cheesygrin I just wish I could afford to go every week. It would also help with pins and needles in your feet as it releases SO much tension in your back and is yet so gentle. I really wouldn't want a chiropractor near my neck.eek

• Posted

i've just posted an answer just like this to another lady!  I found a physio who discovered my spine was out of alignment and sorted me out in one session!  I had frozen shoulder too and rib aches.  the physio worked on everything and even solved my stomach problem as the spine being out was causing rib to turn slightly towards the stomach. weird.  only felt all the pain when the hormones went wild - it brings out the worst
    • Posted

Yeh you don't realise that you are starting to lurch like Quasimodo until someone starts working on your muscles/bones and getting the knots out of them. It happens slowly until you are literally 'bent out of shape'.lol
    • Posted

cheesygrin ha ha, yes, so true.  to think that before all this hormone rubbish, I was never bothered by my crooked back, until they decided to attack my weak points rolleyes
  • Posted

you are not alone with this one.  I've had it, still get it, it goes then comes back.  A lot of ladies on here have problems with their neck and shoulders and pressure in the head.  I have seen a physio which helped and had acupuncture too.  get a magnesium oil spray and this will relax the muscles. try not to get anxious as you will be stiffening your neck more when you are anxious.  this has eased a lot for me,  also I knead the muscle in my neck between my fingers (just where teh shoulder meets the neck, towards the back) and usually find a tender spot there and doing this helps relax it.  hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.