Stiffnesd with menopause?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi ladies, I've been off the forum for a while. I hope everyone is doing better with the symptoms we're having. I found out a year ago that I'm in menopause. Do you ladies have issues with aching joints, body stiffness; especially after awaking?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca yes I have this daily especially first thing everything aches joints legs feet elbows it’s awful along with many mor symptoms everyday I wake there is something else to deal with it’s a nightmare especially when your working and have to keep going I am still having periods but they are all over the place so I know I’m in perimeno I don’t take anything either because of the risks sending 🤗 

• Posted

I’m in Perimenopause , my estrogen is 18 out of 30. They try to say it’s alittle low. Ummm.. that’s almost half gone!!!

Anyway.. yes it’s a symptom. My neck is always stiff. My index finger always hurts.. and I did nothing to it. Joints are starting to feel Underlubricated.

Some research shows a lack of estrogen can bring in arthritis and other say it’s just the WD40 of our body.

Why some of us suffer and others don’t may be genetically related. Keep working  out conservatively despite the pain, so your limbs stay flexible.

I’m going on replacement for a while to see if it helps.

Good luck to you. 

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, yes deff one of the symptoms! At one point getting out of the car was really bad. I am post menopausal now but take HRT the stiffness has gone along with other symptoms, so glad feeling normal again .
    • Posted

Good Morning Mars, yes, lol, sometimes I feel like I need to tuck and roll out of my car because I be so stiff sometimes. Joints just hurt so bad sometimes.
    • Posted

Aww I know sometimes I use to feel that any movement I made everything was stiff & hurt .. not nice at all .. at least we know the cause x

• Posted

Yes.. I'm 48 and feeling it as well.  I just thought it was due to getting older as well as this cold rainy weather.  I have read that water is great at lubricating joints.   There is some research that ACV helps with arthritis so I've been take that as well as a few other things.  My neck often feels tight around this time of year so I bought this thing that I warm in the microwave and wrap it around my neck and shoulders.  It feels wonderful.

• Posted

This is old age I'm afraid. Men and women alike get this.

• Posted

Sorry I disagree.

There are a lot of women my age at 45 that aren’t having joint pains, weird pinching pain, stiffness in their necks.

My mother went through menopause at 46 not 56 like many other women’s mothers do. 

If your born with a smaller number of eggs your body depletes of estrogen faster too I believe.

Yes, we all age. Yes, some of us are more inclined to have arthritis over others.

But.. estrogen plays a tremendous role in keeping a women’s body lubricated. This is a known fact. So you can be young and still have premature estrogen levels, so it’s not just about old age, sorry.

• Posted

I have to agree Aberzerk72. I know a ton of young people that have children that have juvenile arthritis. I had it in my knees long before menopause because I was an athlete, but because I was young and had plenty of hormones the flare ups were few and very mild. So, it's not always age.

• Posted

Oh yes. This morning it was hard to get out of bed, felt like a truck hit me. I’m 52, what will I feel like as I get older? Sucks
    • Posted

Hi me too feel like a truck has hit me most mornings everything aches I’m not taking anything so it is really hard
    • Posted

I’m finally starting to skip periods, 3 so far in a row, I think I’ll wait a few more months and then start the bio creams again.

Last time I took them I was in the midst of total breakdown with my health, but now that things seem to be calming down a little it may be time to try again.

Idk, on one hand I just want to let my body be natural and handle things on its own, and maybe things will get better once my hormones have settled. It worries me to think I might rile stuff up if I start putting more hormones in my body. If I just knew for sure things will start feeling like normal again I could keep hanging on longer. But I know I don’t want to feel like this for the rest of my life. 

I keep reading conflicting things about taking hrt. Just don’t know..

• Posted

Rebecca, as soon as I got close to menopause, my entire body seemed to feel the difference.  I had low back pain, frozen shoulder, pain in my ligaments and muscles.  I did four years of chronic pain before the vaginal atrophy and dryness set in.  They prescribed vaginal Estrace.  When I started using it regularly all that darn pain went away.  It was like a miracle.  Not one doctor that I saw thought to ask about my meno status.  

So here's a women that would tell you to, at the very least, consider your hormones as a reason for your stiffness.  It doesn't hurt to try.  

• Posted

If it is any help, I have found that limiting dairy has made my joints feel much better. If my period comes and I break down and eat some M&Ms, I can barely walk down the stairs the next morning.  rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.