Stiffnesd with menopause?

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi ladies, I've been off the forum for a while. I hope everyone is doing better with the symptoms we're having. I found out a year ago that I'm in menopause. Do you ladies have issues with aching joints, body stiffness; especially after awaking?

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes I did really stiff legs on waking. I took a gd multi vit for 50 plus and after a few weeks the stiffness went x
  • Posted

Hi Rebecca,

Every day when i wake up and some time through out the day, i am stiff and I ache. Its mainly my legs and lower back and hands.....I feel like the tin man from wizard of oz " i need oiling"

The joys of going through the peri menopause 

• Posted

Samantha, that's exactly how I feel; like the tin man.  It drives me nuts sometimes.

• Posted

Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth with Tumeric has helped me with the stiffness.
    • Posted

Yes..  I mixed ACV with Tumeric every morning.   A woman in my water class told me it was recommended by her doctor.
    • Posted

Kelly, can you please explain what ACV is and where a person can get it.  

And I’ve never heard of Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth.  Someone care to explain what that is as well?  

• Posted

I drink this this every morning..  a glass of water with acv (I don't measure) and I also put some turmeric in it and drink...  Not that pleasant but why not and see if it helps.  

• Posted

Ancient Nutrition is the brand name. Bone broth is basically the powdered form of simmered bones(chicken mostly). It comes in different flavors such as Vanilla, Chocolate, etc. I use the Tumeric flavor because it's a known anti-inflammatory. You can use it in food(I used it in my chili the other day)or you can mix it with juice, milk, or make a smoothie. You can find it in your local health food store. I bought mine at Whole Foods. You can check out their website for more information, it's good for other things too. I can't put the website on here but it you just put in Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth I'm sure it will take you to the website. It has really helped with my stiffness, especially in the morning.biggrin

• Posted

I'm glad she has a doctor that realizes that a pill is not always the answer. Tumeric is also supposed to help with anxiety.

• Posted

I’ve just found this site and this was the first post I read!  Other people suffering like me!!  Sad but liberating!  I’m not going mad (not sure I’ll convince my husband!).   I’m 48, been suffering for nearly 3 years, 3 stone, horrific palpitations, chronic mood swings and the latest b***h of a symptom is aching joint pain!!!  How do we launch rockets into space, have driverless cars but cannot find a way to help women going through menopause?!  Not sure I can stomach bone broth and tumeric but you never know!!!
    • Posted

Hi Beth welcome to the hellish road of menopause if you are on here it’s oviously hard I’m 51 and in perimenopause had every symptom going something different every day the palpitations and aching joints are horrendous most days I feel about 80 😔 this site is s god send makes you realise your not the only one and your not crazy 😜 by the way I also have a house full of unsympathetic men Xx 

• Posted

I buy organic bone broth to make vegetable soup and it tastes like any other.  This particular brand had a lot of protein in it so even better!!   I'm not a fan of turmeric but you can sprinkle some in soups, smoothies or even eggs.  The lady who told me to mix it with apple cider vinegar also takes turmeric in pill form

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.