still feeling awful on merts

Posted , 5 users are following.

right then had to post i feel at the end of my teather......its nearly afternoon and i have no motivation at all to do anything..and starting to feel like i dont even care about it and giving up.......putting off things till the last minute and then bottling doing what i said i would do...it must be the meds i didnt feel like this before at a loss what to do am thinking of just stopping taking them even though i know the withdrawals are hell but cant be worse than how im feeling now can it...really fed up of it all now to be truthful...i want me back..

2 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm the same I'm at my witts end with thjngs. Not sure if it's anxity or these stupid things but it's got me all over the place. I woke up anxious wreck today can't function or control anything.

I wasn't like this before taking these thjngs. I feel sick with nerves. Won't leave my room or talk to anyone. Constant negative thoughts pounding me. These tablets are clearly not doing anything and I wish I never ever took them as i can't get off them. I hope u manage to get off them and feel ok again

• Posted

woah shez looks like we are feeling the same negative thoughts and not leaving the room or talking to anyone whats that about...how long u been taking them...ive been on em for 2 months and just feel worse its rubish...ru considering coming off them at all
    • Posted

Over a year no lass, I feel worse too. I just can't get off them. I've tried and took 3 months to get half way and it floored me I'm still rebuilding my strength to try again but I'm at my lowest at the moment. Psst two days just been emotional anxuius wreck. Crying getting angry. Ended up punching something last night. It's judt not like me to feel so low and all over. I'm so happy and bubbly and love life. But these tablets have 100per changed me. But i just feel stuck on them. It's like a rollercoaster at the moment. I hate taking them tbh as around 7-8pM I feel my nornal self and feel human and I have to take my tabelt and the cravings start I eat allsorts then I sleep for 10 hours qnd wake up on another planet, takes me hours to come around. Some days I'm stuck in bed most the day. Zero motivation and I just feel like I am on a different planet. I know I have am anxity issue and ocd thoughts but my word it's a battle on theee tablets. They are clearly not doing anything. The Drs just keep telling me to take them. I'm all out of ideas and fight and feel an empty shell at the moment. I'm waiting on cbt to see if they know more on how i can get off these tabelts and other options. I really don't want meds messing with my body like tHis. Just want to feel my nornal self again. Gosh I am filling up even talking about this today. I'm just so fed up and feel stuck. I wish I never ever touched the awful things and just plodded on . Had no idea they could make u feel so awful and also be so hard to get off. anyway rant over and I hope we can all be ok soon x z keep strong
    • Posted

you rant on i believe that it helps to tell all warts and all as they say!!..i took 15 last night instead of 30 not feeling too bad but thats because its only one day i guess im sure if i continue to do that the demons will be unleashed!!!...sorry you are rilling up maybe its good to have a cry i feel so numb i cant even cry but give me a few more days on lowering dose and i will probably drown mysef crying!!!....yes i was bubbly too just dont know where i have gone its flipping awful feeling...and yes lets all try and stay strong together...saftey in numbers so they say...chin up if poss thinking of you
    • Posted

Yesh I notice I feel a difference after 3-5 days if u try change my dose. Oh gosh all I do latley Is cry haha. It does help get some emotion oot haha. I'm ok now I women up a bit. My head just feels in the clouds today. Maybe it's all anxity no idea. But im confident it's these dam tablets haha some days I csn really push hard but others I need pushed. Today an elephant coikdnt move me. Anxious from moment my eyes opened. Had to learn more cbt stuff on line and just keep Occupied. It eases off in the evening every ngt. Then I take my mirtazapine and I'm off drowsy and foggy again then sleep 10 hours and wake up confused and hung over. I don't even drink nout but water me haha ee gosh what a time we are having
  • Posted

Hi lesley, most AD s take 6-8 weeks to work so perhaps a couple more weeks? Also, I think that you will avoid the awful WDs that some folk have experienced as you have taken them for a relatively short period. I totally relate to the complete lack of motivation you describe as I'm experiencing the same. I am at a loss to know whether it's my mental state, recovering from pneumonia or rheumatoid arthritis or a combination of all of it. I sympathise with you totally. I have written out a list of tasks to do each day, not a lot but it's making a start. I have doing this has helped me greatly in the past, the feeling of achievement when you tick things off is really good and helps my mood. I have been realistic and kept the daily lists small also I include things like taking a shower (1) getting dressed (2) making my bed (3) as when I feel completely overwhelmed by my low mood (as I do right now ) I have to keep things as simple and easy as possible. I hope that doing this for the next few weeks will get me back on track. Try it, if it works for you that's great. Also if you have any tips I would be grateful to hear them. It is sad to be crippled by anxiety and depression and I am struggling very much at present. Best wishes
    • Posted

thanks sheila...im still not dressed or washed and it afternoon...maybe a list would help..if i come up with any tips i will keep you posted...so are you saying that i would be ok to half my dose from 30 to 15 as i have been on them for 2 months now am a bit confused.....horror stories on here are making me question if that drop is too harsh ...maybe its different symptoms for diffferent people i just dont want to take them anymore...hows the pneumonia recovery going are you feeling any better....rheumatoid arthritis must bring you down greatly i do sympathise...its my head thats ill thankfully not my body so i am grateful there and i do feel for you...still wondering what to do about my flipping dosage...on and on i ramble on.......best wishes to you keep me posted on how your doing
    • Posted

Keep strong Sheila and keep up with the tasks. Try drinking plenty water and I have bananas daily. Posituve reading helps a little too. I also play games like word games to keep me occupied. I also learnt deep breathing and judt learning to see thjngs as just anxity little emotion that keeps us save but can be a little awol at times. keep pushing and let's all be strong we can do this.
  • Posted

Thank you lesley

check with your GP before changing dosage, they are the experts! I'm not dressed yet either but heyho I'm going to follow my own advice and have a mad hour, ticking my list as I go! Will check in with you later. It's great to have this forum to share things😉

• Posted

ok sheila will check with the doctor was trying to be brave and go it alone as im finding it hard to get out of house even to get to the doctors!!...whats that about........ive now got a mental picture of us still in our pyjamas at least youve made me laugh...at least ive done the dishes so one down...u go girl with your list i have respect for you for doing that im still frozen to sofa......u are giving me hope so thanks so...yeah its great to share we can keep each other going ...thanks a lot  x
  • Posted

hi lesley,

how much did t take?  i tried reducing and felt incredibly sad,, so oi went back up to the 30 .. thinking let me give the med a chance.  i have to wait 3 weeks to see dr.

today is first dat that i don't feel that anxiety.  and i do agree, you need to be in a rehab facility when making changesto meds.  it's horrible.  i am going to try and stay on the 30 until i see the dr

• Posted

hi suzie oh ok......did u reduce and by how much was wondering if going from 30 to 15 is too much but cant be doing it......i took 15 last night and not feeling that great still on sofa not dressed!!..word to self!!..maybe i will stay on the 30 then by the sounds of what you are saying...thanks for the advice girlee...stay strong  xx
    • Posted

thats great thay you dont feel the anxiety today though maybe you should stick with it then if u feel a bit better...xx
    • Posted

i feel like a yo yo... but like i said it's the first day withou anxiety .. what a roller coaster
    • Posted

yo yo is great description.....how many did you try to reduce by i wouold like some advice
    • Posted

I'm at 15 and staying on the rollercoaster until things settle. I tried to ween.2mg for a week last week and it's knocked me off track some how. Shows how sensitive some folk are. Find a amount that keeps u steady then see how u Go
    • Posted

hope you dont mind me butting in on this conversation but have you always been on 15 or were you on higher and reduced..need some advice...cheers
    • Posted

Initially I tried to reduce to 22.5 for 2 days but I felt so so sad the next day, so I went back up to 30 thinking maybe I should just give the drug more of a chance.  (Psych did say to reduce)  but then I felt so sad.  today, for the FIRST day I didn't wake up with that extreme anxiety.  I think that because I am going up and down it was making me worse.  I thought I will stick to the 30 until I see him again in 3 weeks.  So essentially I am on 30 again.  I do feel that a person needs to be in a hospital when they are changing medications ... it's just too brutal

I

• Posted

Yes messing with doses seems to send me all over. I get muscle spasms and twiches sfyer changing a small dose and feel all cloudy and more foggy.

I've been on 15 over a year. Tried 22.5 and blow my face off I coudlnt function. Tried reducing and felt fine until . 7.5.. It took me 3 months I went soooo slow. And half way I just couldn't cope with wd got insane adrenaline. It lasted two weeks every second I was bed bound. Docs just said up back to 15 and it all settled and now back to feeling foggy and confused numb and zero motivation. I've tried to start weening again but I lasted a week and I just ain't got the strength. Feel I'm going to go crackers. Haha

• Posted

Wow.  That is very unfortunate.  Wow I don't know what to do ..
    • Posted

I woukd carry on with your normal.30 until you feel well enough to try reduce. Then go very very slow. Maybe even 3/4 reduction rather then half's? first just find what your steady at. If not write a list of pros and cons haha
    • Posted

1/4 I mean not half at a time. My heads all over can't thjnk or spell hahs
    • Posted

That's what I did .. just 3/4  I think I have to stay on this until I see the dr. again 
    • Posted

Yes I woukd stay on what's best and recommended for now. It took me about 2-4 weekd to notice a difference when I started them. But if I change my dose I feel fine 3-4 days then feel sluggish and off for a wee while but our bodies adapt. If it's been 8 weeks for u maybe give it little longer
    • Posted

Hi Shez, Lesley & all

Hope you don't mind me joining in.  Sounds like your efforts at wd are horrendous, bless you.  Have you tried the CITA method of wd?  I think the sensitive way is to reduce10% every 2 - 3 weeks, or even slower for less aggrevation.  Everyone is different but some say to wait until you feel stabilised each drop before moving along.  I think to jump from 30 to 15 is far far too much for your system to cope with.

GP's don't always seem to know the best methods of wd, but one things for sure. the slower the better.

Wishing you well again.

• Posted

omg.. i am so tired of these medications.  i can't sleep on this 30 mirtz.  i am scared to start droppin it again because i got really really sad. i am having a test done that is supposed to help determine what dosage and hopefully what med i can take.  how are u all
    • Posted

hi suzie...thanks for asking how i am ...i lost the thread to reply...state of play today so answering on here.....feel very anxious again....bit agraphpbic and dont wanna face anyone again...its a pain in the you know what...how you doing girl
    • Posted

i am struggling.  i thought i was getting on the mend but then i don't sleep well evenwith the sleeping pill.  anxiety is creepin up again.  i am supposed to try reducing to 22.5 but i thought maybe i will just give it a chance at 30. it's a chemical storm in the brain.  have you reduced at all?
    • Posted

gosh its so hard to know what to do..i havent talked to anyone like the doctor about withdrawing yet...stilll on the 30s keep thinking i should stick with them in case a miracle happens and the work!!...hang in suzie we are with you here totally...kind stuff coming at ya ......xx
    • Posted

i find im putting things and people off like im waiting for a miracle...aint happened yet god we live in hope!!!
    • Posted

I can't cope with the jump either I had to take 2mg off at a time and waited around 2-3 weeks before Next drop. I felt I couldnt go much slower. So this time I'm going to take 2mg off my 15 tabelt and go at least a month like that. I seem to be soooo sensitive it actually has me more worked up as i feel I will never get off them. Only on a low dose as it is, just tires me out and makes me fear allsorts. Werid med and hope to get off this year. I'm Defo going to go slow thanks for support :-)
    • Posted

Well I took 2mg off my 15 and ve been less anxouis today but had weird sleep. Couldn't settle and woke up early for once. Been groggy all day and also avoided folk haha my tummy is very upset too from the stress of everything but am just plodding on as per haha. Sooner I ween off these thjngs the better. At least then I know I can try Sort my self. Keep strong lasses
    • Posted

Hi Shez,

There is no rush is there, I gthink you're doing it the best way, although hard to measure the dosage breaking tablets  isn't it?  I know there is liquid Mirt but not sure on availability.

I havn't started or tried to withdraw yet but am gaining as much info as poss, but am just trying to pass on what I've learnt.

I wonder what you'd think to trying a little more relaxation, breathing tecniques etc - it might be a big help for the time you are wd'ing.  Just heard that W H Smiths sell colouring books for adults - weird as it might sound - I understand they use these as a form of occupational therapy in the hospitals.

All the best to you, keep up the good work.

• Posted

you are welcome shez..yep know what you feel aout being more worked up that you feel like you will never get off them.......does make you feel allsorts really allsorts bonkers i think...maybe we should sue!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.