Still have chronic ankle pain and getting worse. What should I do to help this mysterious injury

Posted , 8 users are following.

My ankle has only got worse since I last posted. I could use some more advice. I have hope each day it will get better but by now I don't think it will ever get better and I am about to start my first year of high school and I can't excersize to get my weight down. Someone I need advice.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello there!

I believe I may have a similar experience to yours. I sprained my ankle in September 2015 and it never fully recovered (still slightly swollen and would ache if strained). I ran quite a distance and then landed myself in a very bad state - swollen, no exercising at all, running is impossible, putting my weight on it hurts the ankle. Basically, I cannot use my ankle.

Currently, I visit the podiatrist twice a week. I have only started treatment two weeks ago. I had been diagnosed with chronic ankle (usually occurs when ankle sprains go wrong).

I decided to send this out to you because I know how horrible it feels and how absolutely frustrating it is to not be able to use your leg. I suggest you consult a podiatrist to seek treatment. To give you a rough idea, Im doing about a month of taping (corrects the ankle deficiency and uses another muscle to let the ankle rest) and shockwave therapy.

You're not alone in this! I wish you a speedy recovery and I'll keep you in my prayers!!

• Posted

*** I ran a distance which then worsened the still injured ankle.

Also, mine is a ligament issue so that could be the answer to yours as well.

• Posted

Thnk you we re just waiting for more appointments. Thank you for your advice. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.