Still have shingles redness?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello guys,

I was diagnosed with shingles 5 weeks ago and it seem like the pain has gone away and the scabs has fallen off but I still have these small like red pimples on the affected shingle area hat doesn't seem to go away. Has anybody experienced this? Will these eventually disappear?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I understand your concern Rob. I'm on my 7th week of shingles and I feel like my shingles rashes stop healing. I'm getting these small raised dots that look like pimples, I'm not sure if i still have shingles and I'm getting concern. I have gone through the scabbing stage and peeled off 4 weeks ago but I'm not sure why I still have these raise pimple looking dots on the affected area. I thought by now (7 weeks) it would be just a scarred blotch spot but still have these small red dots in the affected area.. Does anybody know? Or have experienced something similar???

• Posted

I t can be scarring. I am right months out and still have red patches on forehead.
    • Posted

That's what I thought too but mine is not red patches. It's small individual raised pimple like black dots in the middle.

• Posted

Eveyone's body reacts differently to shingles so what you describe could just the after effects of shingles. Most of us have some sort of scarring, mine are red and raised patches that itch. I also have nerve pain. Some scarring can be bumps, too. If you're concerned stop by an urgent care clinic or your doctor to show him/her your areas of concern. 

• Posted

Hello

I was diagnosed with Shingles about a month ago. Wana share my story so maybe someone will learn from it. Everything started with a stabbing CONSTANT pain in the chest area. Continued to the right side of the arm and shoulder and lower. Pain was so intense i thought i overdid with exercises and went to my doctor and asked for cortizone shots. I even checked my heart thinking i am having a heart attack and EKG came normal. At that point i haven't developed any rash or itching yet. Within 72 agonizing hours of pain I went back to the same doctor and said "my body is on fire and i cant sleep or eat. its not my heart its not my muscles something is wrong with me." Only then she took a close look at my chest area and noticed the red pimples. she right away prescribed me antibiotics. she only then could determine it was shingles but not the first time. I agree that some doctors don't simply know based only on physical pain and they only can know after horrible itching and redness. I was lucky i "found IT" within 72 hours. However I am still having red ugly pimples where originally everything started and i cant wait to see them gone forever. I am making it a long story but just wanted to share my experience hoping it will help someone to always not only listen but literally look at your body and detect it as early as possible and run for help. Thanks for reading.

• Posted

i have experience. can please tell me if redness disappear and if yes how long it takes? did you any medication?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.