Still here!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have had a camera up the nose and down the throat. More recently an endoscope. The good news is they found nothing but the bad news is I still have the globus sensation. I'm really fed up, the only rest bite I get is eating, drinking or sleeping.

I don't consider myself to be overly stressed or anxious person, well no more than any working mum.

It started over 12 months ago after a bad cold and hasn't left me since. I don't suffer with reflux either, I'm a vegetarian, don't drink to excess and don't smoke.

Any suggestions gratefully received as the doctors don't seem overly bothered!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

does you're throat and neck area make cracking and popping sounds? Do you hold your sneezes in? Weather or not you have either of these you need the ENT to delve in deeper into cartilage and throat muscles.

• Posted

Hi Gail, see this video on Youtube Linden Method Globus Hystericus Having a "Lump in One's Throat". It's really important to do the exercises regularly to get the benefit.

Hope it helps, Sheila

• Posted

The important thing is to do the exercises regularly. Tight muscles are the cause of globus in my opinion, and the tight muscles are caused by being anxious - we don't know we're tensing up.

• Posted

hi i have got globus sensation to and the only relief is eating sleeping it is mentally draining

i have had the endoscope in the nose and in the stomach to but nothing was found

i am in my 4th year with it

i don't think there is enough help out there for it

• Posted

So sorry to hear your experience. And I agree there is not enough support or understanding maybe because it is something not physically 'treatable'.

However, it is widely accepted that globus is caused by anxiety which means we without realising tense muscles around the neck, shoulders and back. The muscles contract and tighten and create the globus sensation. So this means that you can do now something about it, it is in your hands to get information on how you can manage the symptoms. Visit a physiotherapist, chiropractor or osteopath and ask for help. Check out Youtube for videos, there are some of use. HOWEVER, the most important point is that you must do the stretching regularly and find a way to manage your anxiety.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.