Still niggling

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone , me again !!!! 

11days after GR and bowel problems still. 

Diarhea then it stops and constipated for two days despite eating enough fibre and drinking water etc, today I go and it's yellow !!! 

Also in the past I had a bladder repair and since this GR op I find I'm wee'ing very strange , it's trickling out starting and stopping and wondered if any of you had tis trouble. 

Im still finding it hard to bend down and sleeping is so hard I have to get up frequently to belch and laying is still uncomfortable. 

Sorry to keep asking these questions but my husband thinks I'm ok as I don't tell him everything but I'm realy concerned. 

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It is going to take a while for your body to adjust to a missing organ. I say this a lot, but I cannot stress enough how much a small dose of Questran will help absorb the bile and let you begin to heal. Your intestines are sensitive to the bile dripping in. Please ask your doc for a prescription- it is pretty cheap.
    • Posted

Hello thanks for your reply , are you in the UK as I'm not sure if it's something you get here ? I'm seeing doc tomorrow xx
  • Posted

Gilly yes you can get Questran here but I think its a bit soon for you to be taking a bile binder, your insides are still very sore an bruised and what you have to take into account is that because you no longer have your GB bile is dripping into you small intestine all the time it will probably settle down though, love Sandy xxx
    • Posted

Ok will take that on board thank you for your reply xxx
  • Posted

Hi everyone just been to doctors as my certificate for work is almost up and he's given me four more weeks off. 

I told him about the diarrea and he said yes will take time to settle and that some of it is due to the antibiotics they put into you it can cause that. 

Had a prod about and made me yell ! Now a bit tender. Cuts look ok and as for not being able to bend properly yet then that will take time , he said it may look like I've not had an operation but I've had big surgery inside and should be careful.  I slept well last night but probably because I hadn't slept the last two nights , so will see how I go today.  

Hope you all are well and coping xxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.