still really panicky

Posted , 7 users are following.

so i had lots of help and advice on here yesterday,anxiety is thru the roof due to my constant tingly/numb cheeks ,tingly chin and lips ,tingly feet and numb tingly left hand,im trying like crazy to be rational and to be calm,is there anybody with knowledge of ms on here that can tell me if my symptoms even sound like ms?could all this tingly/numbness happen in so many different places at the same time continuosly all day everyday,its been nearly 3 months now,wish i could accept its anxiety but i just cant,am i simply torturing myself please help me

0 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi sarah I am exactly the same! I have numbness and pressure all down the right side of my face, pins and needles everywhere and like hot itchy pin pricks all over! And doctors said its a over active nervous system!
    • Posted

hi kerry,its reassuring when somebody has the same symptoms,do you have them all the time?where do you experience the pins and needles?i also feel like pressure /tightness in my cheeks,i dunno which scares me most the hand or face, one doctor told me that only when i accept this is anxiety not ms will my symptoms start to ease and fade but its so hard isnt it x
    • Posted

I have it daily! I get the pins and needles in my arms hands and feet and the prickly sensation everywhere! I also get twitching and jerking! The numbness and pressure in my face/head scare me a lot!! I have been diagnosed with health anxiety so I pay to much attention to my symptoms and always think it's something serious!
    • Posted

do you ever feel pain in your face too?the face thing is drivin me nuts today,does yours feel like you cant move your face properly?like its kinda locked in place if that makes sense x
    • Posted

Yes it does remember anxiety will over ride all your nerves just breath in and out. Have you been prescribed anxiety meds yet for panic attacks

• Posted

i am on propranolol 80mg twice a day ,was on sertraline 100mg but doc changed me to prozac 4 days ago so maybe thats why i feel more panicky ,cant wait til they kick in,hand and face are really bad today x
    • Posted

i have a twitch just near my chin thats freaking me out,i can see it in mirror,have you experienced this too?x
  • Posted

Sarah ms is the most common phobia of people eith health anxiety the more you think obout it the worst it will get. Trust me i have been in your shoes and its not fun. But anxiety mimics all the same symptoms. But i bet ur eorst problem is googling symptoms.STOP GOOGLING EVERYTHING LEADS TO MS OR CANCER ONLINE
    • Posted

so have you also experienced the face hand feet numbness/tingly thing ?
    • Posted

Yes I do my jaw gets very tight but I do clench my teeth a lot!
  • Posted

Hi chic I'm just like you !! I love this site for knowing that I'm not alone and no matter how I deal with my health issues and smart I think I am ... As soon as I have a bad few days im a nervous wreck it's so crap to have this quality of life ,,, I'm just thank full for a loving family and partner and thankful for the good days I do have ... One lady reassured me on this site of my ever changing issues saying our body's will manifest all sorts of symptoms and different feelings it's how we react to them that matters for our brains to recognise it as dangerous ... She made so much sense !!! I hope one of us help u .... X
    • Posted

hi lori,wish my symptoms would just give me a break,i feel like half a person x
    • Posted

Ye I know how u feel Bab ... It's mad cuz I have a few good days then it comes out of no where and I'm bk to square one again trying to keep a normal head !! Feeling like a ghost that's not really here !! Do u have good days sweet or is it constant sh*t days for you X
    • Posted

I was like that in the start of this crazy ride I'm goin through but some how I've managed to start to enjoy and recognise a good day ... Don't get me wrong the bad days can last for days ... I've been having 3 bad ones so far and I'm just wondering when it will stop again for me the pains I get in my head and heart scare me the most .... It's like I'm waiting for death... But it's not like it all the time so I'm trying to train myself for the good day .... So horrible how I feel like my life is borrowed and carnt enjoy it .... But realistically I'm doin it to myself lol .... And could not even really pin point the start of it all for me ,.. But I can say when it got worse for sure !!!! If you find it hard to sleep like me I've found some real good relaxing things so feel free to message me cuz I'm not sure how the whole advertising YouTube is aloud ... Xxx smile now as you read this message and let's get you smiling more xx
    • Posted

i will msg you for sure,i have this crazy twitch thing happening around my chin just now thats freaking me out,have you ever experienced that?i can see it in mirror x
    • Posted

Ye Hun I get it everywhere mainly my face but yes very normal with anxiety I didn't know it was until I went to the doctors and told him .... I also get hot patches on my bk and leg the doctor told me my nervous system was disrupted lol it's hard to believe that there's nothin terribly wrong with you while your going threw it xx
    • Posted

This just proves that it is anxiety, after talking about it to you earlier I now have it!! Didn't have it earlier, but I am still bloody scared of it! Why can't I just accept that it's anxiety and not feel terrified!
    • Posted

ive had the twitching on and off all night,of course ive still had the numb/tingly face too,also my tingly hand has been fairly bad all thru the night,its numb /tingly but hurts a little bit too if that makes sense,can anxiety cause the pain too?
    • Posted

It can sweet ... But just for your peace of mind try get to c a doctor if you can and hopefully he will help you relax to know that nothing is terribly wrong .... I'm not a doctor and would hate to b saying that nothing is wrong of it was so that's why I say maybe go the docs ... But my GP was so adiment nothin was causing mine ... I remember I went A&E the first time it happened to me and after all the normal checks he told me I had a bad migraine lol I couldn't believe it xx
    • Posted

ive seen loads of docs loads of times,i saw 2 docs just last week about the tingling/numbness but i didnt have the twitchy chin then,3 docs have been telling me for 3 months i have chronic health anxiety not ms but i cant change my way of thinking,cant relax or anything x
    • Posted

Bless ya sweet you are goin through it .... Today is a better day for me thank god !!! But it's always in the back ground .... The only comfort I got for you darling is that we all have the same kind of thing as you so with all the things you've seen the docs about that can only be a good thing ... The more you stress about it the worse and longer it's goin to last Bab ....: plz try and occupie your mind so you can start to move forward I know it's hard but I can suggest a few things if you want to xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.