still really panicky

Posted , 7 users are following.

so i had lots of help and advice on here yesterday,anxiety is thru the roof due to my constant tingly/numb cheeks ,tingly chin and lips ,tingly feet and numb tingly left hand,im trying like crazy to be rational and to be calm,is there anybody with knowledge of ms on here that can tell me if my symptoms even sound like ms?could all this tingly/numbness happen in so many different places at the same time continuosly all day everyday,its been nearly 3 months now,wish i could accept its anxiety but i just cant,am i simply torturing myself please help me

0 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah ,.I'm.so sorry you have to go through this , I also.get these same.exact anxiety symptoms like numbness on my forehead and cheeks and my whole face.at times and tingly feelings in my head my hands and my feet pressure I'm.my head and face , among other anxiety symptoms that drive me crazy , what scares me.the most is the head pressure and face numbness but I've seen all the doctors I could.see and had all the test a person can take to check.for everything from A-Z and everything came back normal , so.I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder . and even though the doctors cleared me from any medical severity issues , I'm still convinced something is seriously wrong with me medically , living with anxiety is a constant fight and is constantly a issue for me and a burden in my life
    • Posted

hi jenni,my numb face terrifies me!its so bad today,i feel like my face is kinda frozen/locked in place,so hard to describe,my cheeks are numb and rest of face tingles,then one hand and both feet,do you feel as tho you have pain behind your face too?i cant stop shaking today and feel like i hav to keep checkin my face in case its changing/drooping does that make sense to you ?x
    • Posted

do you have times when its constantly there too? all you kind people are a great help to me x
    • Posted

hi jenni,i think today is the first day iv felt the head pressure,why are these symptoms so hard yo describe,i think im so freaked out by it all cos it is constant,no let up,im always in panic mode cos of it and im scared my kids are suffering x
    • Posted

I wish I knew why this happens to.us and how to fix it , its just one.of the many anxiety symptoms that comes and goes but while.its there it makes us scared and depressed because we can't understand why this.is happening ..hang in there I know that this is super tuff to deal with
    • Posted

Yes I get the shaky feeling as.well and also I don't get the pain behind my face I get.it behind my scalp with is evem worst and I get shooting head pains And sometimes.near my temples its horrible and I get the drooping face feeling.also
    • Posted

sorry youre suffering too ,but talkin to you really does help cos your symptoms are pretty much exactly the same giv or take x
    • Posted

do you ever feel like its there from the moment you open your eyes til last thing at night?x
  • Posted

MS is a very common fear with panic disorders. I have optic nerve issues so they had me go hrough weeks of testing and mris. Thankfully i didnt have lesions in my brain or anything sinister, just showed the eye issue. MS present vey differently. I have three frimds with it. I am not toing to say how i presents becaus thats counter productive. Hopefully you had an exam already, if not go get one. Discuss you cincerns with the doctor. They have many nuerologist whi specialize with ms and th would know just by the exam and would not give out mris unless you presented accordingly. An full exam is a secret way to figure this out as well. When they dialte your eyes they dan see the nerves and such and pressures..etc..its the window in. So yiu can get a full exam as well. I Absolutely have had the tingling. yiu can take b12 lozenges. Good for the health of the nerves system and tingles. If you are that curious and cincerned ask your doctor for a nuerologist referral and go dor an exam. Maybe that is the best answer here. 
    • Posted

So verry sorry fonthe typos. 
    • Posted

Replace the i with o. I was typing in the sun. Hard to see
    • Posted

im waiting for neuro appointment -only cos they see how anxious i am x
    • Posted

please tell me how it presents in your friends lisa then at least i can think-well i dont have that-please ,also had eyes checked by optician and doctor,all fine,would it show in my eyes for sure?x
    • Posted

The eyes get effected. The eye do get effected. Theres different stuff that happens. Too much to go thru.  The eyes, the optic nerve. The macular. I have optic nerve pallor that sent them on a scare. Ended up have about two weeks of testing and mri and such. Scary. But eyes get effected. Pituitary issues present in 60 precent of the cases initally. Periods are messed up early twenties.  Sensations are messed up. Panic attacks arent part of it. Dont  google it. Its not even accurate. Its best for a nuero doctor to examine you anyway. They would know in the inital exam anyway. So unsure they would give you an mri or not. Depends.I have seen nuero and optho-nuero. I never did the spinal tap. They can use the soinal tap fluid to aid the diagnoses. Thats a very painful test they would give if they really felt frim the mris they needed to do. Theres no exact testing but the lesions on the brain are main way they diagnose it. That or the initiation with the pituatary. Im being vague..safer.  I get the tingling sarah. A diagnoses wont even be the answer to the anxiety because panic disorder is a separate entity. But its fantastic your eyes are healthy! I think its a great thing they are a

lowing you a nuero visit. 

• Posted

have to say tho if i knew for sure it wasnt ms then i wouldnt be in panic mode x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.