still really panicky

Posted , 7 users are following.

so i had lots of help and advice on here yesterday,anxiety is thru the roof due to my constant tingly/numb cheeks ,tingly chin and lips ,tingly feet and numb tingly left hand,im trying like crazy to be rational and to be calm,is there anybody with knowledge of ms on here that can tell me if my symptoms even sound like ms?could all this tingly/numbness happen in so many different places at the same time continuosly all day everyday,its been nearly 3 months now,wish i could accept its anxiety but i just cant,am i simply torturing myself please help me

0 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Rwmember its all in your head dont let it beat you yoi. Will be fine i promise you do something like go to movies or on a date to get your mind off of things

• Posted

Try xanax .5 mg twice a day i bet it will make everything better. Before going on all those tests
    • Posted

Anti anxiety ask your dr he will probably give it to yo u maybe a less potent one but still will help

• Posted

ive been on prozac 20mg since thursday and before that sertraline and even before that citalapram,how do you think xanax compares to prozac ?is it worth asking my doctor?x
    • Posted

Hi Sarah,sorry for the anxiety your suffering from but Xanax will help I promise you that Google it a another medicine Klonopin this has really helped me my anxiety was always present but devastating after a death which caused PTTD good luck hopefully one of the two will get you back on track there both for anxiety
  • Posted

today i feel worse than ever,had a really bad night woke at 2am and just panicked and panicked for hours about my numb/tingly face and hand,face is hurting too,shaking is so bad too,dunno if i feel worse past few days after swapping meds,6th day of prozac instead of sertraline,desperately wanna feel back to normal
    • Posted

also have a symptom that is new to me-feeling of numbness in my chest,never had this before,only lasts a few seconds unlike my other symptoms,face is so bad at the min but the worst thing is my hand and arm again,arm feels numb to the elbow but palm of hand and fingers are tingling like crazy,help please lovely people talk me round x
    • Posted

Bless you I know how hard it is when the symptoms are constant but you are literally in a vicious circle and you need to try and break it! Everything you do contributes to the anxiety and keeps it going there is a really good book that helped me it is called overcoming health anxiety it is worth a read Hun.

You have basically convinced yourself that there is something seriously wrong with you and you are to aware of your bodily sensations, hope this helps x

• Posted

just convinced its ms kerry every minute of every day,my arm and fingers felt rubbery earlier as well as the usual numbness/tingling and for about an hour i convinced myself its a mini stroke!the same thing happened about a week ago,i always have the numbness /tingling feet face and hand and that freaks me out enough without the rubbery feeling,do you know what i mean and hav you felt it?i felt like my arm and hand werent mine if that makes sense x
  • Posted

Sarah u need to tell ur dr what ur going thrue and get anxiety meds
  • Posted

so all night ive been the same,now i have a burning feeling in my numb/tingly arm and hand,is this normal?
  • Posted

Honey take some deep breaths your gonna make it worse slow your breathing patterns take your mind to a happy memory and relive that happy feeling you had honey if you don't open your mind to the idea that it's only a bad panicked attack I worry your gonna pass out try to focus honey your making your self sick Honey OK Sarah
    • Posted

I know it's scary and I get it because I'm the older but wiser lol version of you I've managed to dwindle my attacks to twice a day morning is the worst but I tell my self I feel bad but I'm gonna be ok how I can say twice?loads of practice deep breaths even when I'm out of the attack sweetie ask you Dr to give you one of those meds it will drastically change your life from where you are now be safe
    • Posted

i dont think i have attacks as such just constant panic instead,im on beta blockers and on 7th day of prozac ,the constant numb face scares me enough without a numb tingly hand x
    • Posted

My face from cheekbone to under my neck was numb and tingly I also has a sensation in my face it was aweful but it was triggered by my bp I still get it but it was everyday from the age of 25-30 not sure how I didn't really freak out but I knew I was the one who had to fix me I took the meds but breathing and focusing helps relieve my anxiety just a bit faster in conjuction of course with meds are you monitoring your bp? I come with a slew of health issues but anxiety is one of the worse
    • Posted

i think my bp has always been fine,both my cheeks are numb and the rest just tingles x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.