still struggling!!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

just thought i would let everyone know where i been for 13 days.i had to admit my self back in to the hosptial.due to the depression that kept comng back.i was put on lithium to help me bring myself back up.it seems the venafaxline has and is still doing a numder on me.remember i withdrew very quickly because of one dr.decicion.i have been of the drug going on four months.the only thing i dont like they but me on lithium.still feel some depression.

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I am so sorry to hear you had to go back to hospital as you know hospital doesn't cure you it just keeps you safe until you can cope at home try and force yourself to get into a routine don't isolate yourself go out with friends even though it probably the last thing you want to do but the more you do things the more you want to do take it day by day don't rush getting better you need to be patient and it will come 

take care 

• Posted

I know it's like been trapped in your own mind bt you have to stay strong and need to keep busy try and have a massage or maybe reiki healing yoga really helped me because it all detoxifies you're body and slows down the mind plus it gives you something else to focus on 

hope this helps 

• Posted

Hi, well you did the right thing by admitting your self back to the hospital. But there is an under lying reason you are feeling so low. Many girls of your age suffer with servere depression.eg; hormone inbalance, family problems, school bullying, as you have said, your parents don't want to know, you say your sister sees you need help. What you need is someone that you can talk to and pour out your deepest heart ache too. Maybe ask you GP to see a councellor also see if there is a local health group that you could join MIND is very good. Also never just stop drugs treating depression, you have to come off them very slowly, with supervision from your GP.
    • Posted

Hi Melissa,

Like Cordelia said, seeing a counsellor really helps. In my case I was able to adjust my side effects with a doctor's recomendations.

Another thing that helped me a lot was joining a self-help group in the city. We still meet evey Wednesday evening for 2 hours. Each person in the group is given 5 or 10 minutes to talk about how their week has gone. We learn from each other's coping skills. They are like a second family to me. I have been going to the group for over 5 years now. They are non judgemental. These people have walked the walk. They accept me the way I am. I see people who are worse off than me and that makes me feel better about myself. We offer suggestions to each other as to how to deal with our illness. I hope that such a group exists in your city. If not, a good psychiatrist can be a good listening ear, with good life skills to offer you. I must admit that finding a good one is hard. My first psychiatrist saw me on a weekly basis. She was superb. She ended up retiring. My new psychiatrist doesn't know medications very well. I have to do research and present it to him when we meet. He at least takes my research seriously. He's good THAT way at least. If you come from a small city... good psychiatrists may be hard to find. Keep coming back to this forum. Even I have found gold nuggets of wisdom here. Keep asking questions.

• Posted

I'm so sorry to read that you have been in hospital. I feel that that's where I need to be as live on my own and just can't cope anymore but the trouble is where I live I can't just admit myself to hospital it has to be done through my GP and he says there is no beds available
    • Posted

the only thing they give me was lithium.i was so down it was horriable.so your kind of fed up with feeling bad to.i still am depressed.do you think that comes from not having the venafaxline a withdrawal that we have to go through.i am sorry your feeling bad to.how will we ever make it on this withdrawal and depression.i have read it can take up to a year.what have you read?
    • Posted

you going to tough it out like me.i know its a horriable feeling.i cant control it either.its so overwhelming.but effexor wont be the life of me if i can help it.it has to get better sometime or another.i understand what you are going through.so what are you symptoms now
    • Posted

I'm feeling more depressed and anxious I feel totally exhausted just can't be bothered with anything or anyone I don't want to eat feel so sick all the time and really bad headaches. I'm scared to leave the house in case I have a panick attack and every little noise makes me jump. Every time I stand up I feel like I'm going to pass out. I just can't believe I'm still feeling like this after 2 months off venlafaxine. I always think that maybe I will feel better tomorrow but to be honest I just feel worse as time goes by
    • Posted

ya,so do i,at least i have you to talk to about what we are going through.together we will make it.its just going to be hard.my depression is the worst thing i have.its severe depression to.do you think yours is?
    • Posted

that all sounds bad to.i even have suciadal thoughts.i hope you havent got that far yet
    • Posted

Yes I tried all the other services but don't find it helpful. I used to go to a day centre and they got me to do gardening so I gave up on that, how the hell does gardening help depression especially when I have no interest in gardening and also it meant I had to travel there and couldn't afford the petrol. I live in a small village a long way from anywhere and there is nothing here. Every counciling services are miles away and I just can't afford it so I'm just stuck at home all the time

• Posted

There should be commuinty care available but i think you really have to insist on it and explain that the financial hardship you are in.

Also I think there is help with travel to appointment you can get too

• Posted

I'm on the community care waiting list been waiting for 3 months now. It's all just ridiculous the way I have been treated. I was ESA last year then had to go to one of those DWP Athos fit for work assesments and got a letter about 2 weeks after saying that I was fit for work so my ESA was stopped. I had to go on job seekers allowance as I had no job to go to and was no way fit for work, then after 6 months I recieved a letter saying that I could no longer claim JSA because I had Been self employed for many years and was behind with my national insurance contributions. I went to the CAB and was told I could Appeal against there decision so I did and that was last November so still chasing it up week after week but nothing happens. I have had no money to live on since November, just been surviving on borrowed money from friends. I got an eviction order on Friday and have to vacate my flat in the next 7 days. I think it's discussing that they can do this to a sick person I have got know were to go and have to get all my belongings out of here with nowhere to take it all so I'm going to end up leaving everything I have behind then will have to drive away in a car with no insurance. It's no wonder people end up taking there lives. I won't do that because then that means I have lost and I don't like losing
    • Posted

Sorry about the spelling I'm in such a bad state of mind and cannot concentrate
    • Posted

Try get to the Doctors and get him to support you, also the locla vicar maybe able to help you too and find emergency housing. get on to the council too you cant live like this you need help they can just hang you out to dry like this. if you cant get JSA then apply for income support but there is always something
    • Posted

I have applied for income support but like everything I am still waiting for them to get back to me so going to phone them in the morning as I have been waiting for a week already
    • Posted

Yes my neighbour works for my local mp she has told him about my case but I suppose like everything else I just have to wait for a reply
    • Posted

You are so sweet and kind I would love to give you a big hug for checking that I'm ok. Well I'm still struggling but still fighting hard. I hope you are ok xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.