still struggling!!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

just thought i would let everyone know where i been for 13 days.i had to admit my self back in to the hosptial.due to the depression that kept comng back.i was put on lithium to help me bring myself back up.it seems the venafaxline has and is still doing a numder on me.remember i withdrew very quickly because of one dr.decicion.i have been of the drug going on four months.the only thing i dont like they but me on lithium.still feel some depression.

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have to admit that back in 1992 when my depression was severe I was placed in the hospital for a month while they tried me on several medications. It wasn't until they tried Lithium on me that my depression finally lifted. It took about 2 weeks for the Lithium to kick in. I stayed on it for a number of years and my depression was at bay. I was concerned about possible kidney damage from long term Lithium use. My psychiatrist agreed to take me off the lithium and put me on mood stabilizers instead. My depression never came back. The mood stabilizers that I was put on were Carbamazepine and Divalproex. I have NOT suffered from severe depression since. I must admit though that even though I don't FEEL depressed I lack motivation a lot of the time. I also have a hard time sticking to my budget. I fall victim to Internet scams that promise to make me a millionaire. Those ruin my budget. I suffer from insomnia as well. I also smoke too many cigarettes and drink too much coffee. That gets expensive especially the smoking. I am still on a rather high dose of Olanzapine (23.75 mg/day). I should mention at this point that if you do any research you will discover that people who are on high doses of Olanzapine are subject to Diabetes. I ended up developing it. (At one point my blood sugar level was at 25... truly unsafe.) I am on a drug reduction plan with the help of my psychiatrist to slowly start to reduce the level of Olanzapine that I'm on. I am over medicated in general.
  • Posted

Oh I am so very sorry you have been in hospital.  Some doctors do not know thsat Venlafaxine must be withdrawn from very slowly.  No excuse, as my doctor knew about it, and helped me through the first stages of withdrawal.

I have been in a psychiatric hospital myself, no fun, and I felt bereft when I left as no follow up, and I had to ask myself if I could continue as an out patietn. 

I do hope you feel better soon.  Gosh and you were only on Venlafaxine for a short time, whereas I was on it for years.  Shows that this drug really must be withdrawn from very slowly.

Take care, and keep in touch.

• Posted

i was on venafaxline for 17yrs.i have read it can take up to a year.to get back right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.