Still waiting bulging discs and spinal stenosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Getting frustrated I have herniated discs L4/5S1 and narrowing of canal had MRI CT scans X-rays nuclear bone scan waiting to see neurosurgeon again in agony the worst is driving and now erectile dysfunction is getting worse Now taking more meds than I can count hard to be positive any advice would be greatly appreciated 😞😞

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Chico Marx,

Thankfully I have good pain control as long as I do nothing to disturb the equilibrium. Don't lift anything, don't put my arms above shoulder hight, no quick turning of my neck. About 4 years ago my dear wife asked me to lift a curtain hook back onto it's track,luckily she then left the room. I got the curtain and lifted it with my left arm.Suddenly there was an almighty electric like shock ran from the top of my left shoulder along the shoulder up the side of my neck to about left ear level. My left arm and the left side of my face dropped, I was completely paralysed in both areas. It was weird, I could have cut my arm off, absolutely dead. I think "fight or flight" must have kicked in because luckily I did not panic. I reasoned that if I carefully and slowly manipulated my left arm with my right hand I might find a way back to how it was, and within 3 minutes I suddenly felt the feeling return. My neurosurgeon told me I was extremely fortunate normally that would have been permanent, that's why I hate being close to other people,one accidental trip or push and????

Thank you for your concern.

Mike.

• Posted

I knew a guy in the Air Force in the 60's whose shoulder would dislocate in a heartbeat unless he kept up with his strengthening exercises religiously...for the rest of his life!  Now with my spine surgeries, the doc warned me about bending or twisting.  The next disc to go will be L1/L2...which cannot be repaired.  The only option would be a T9 through L2 fusion...be like having a pole in my back.  I have to avoid that at all costs.  Not easy changing the way you've moved your whole life.  Take care of yourself...  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.