Stinging/Electrical/Tingling all over body

Posted , 14 users are following.

Can someone please give me advice on this.

The entire night I have not been able to sleep. When I'm about to fall asleep or even If I'm asleep for a little I wake up to this sensation in,my,body all over. Tingling/stinging all over. Its happened all night maybe like 3 Times . I don't know what to make of it. Then when,I'm awake,I still,get the feeling in my body like itchiness in the arms. Yesterday I was travelling with the bus to Boston and when we came,back I was sleeping s little bit with my,neck bending in a weird position. I also was having like little,shocks in my neck that occured like 3 times and lasted 1 second. What is this

I've read about MS, pinched nerves, this one guy actually had a mini HA and lesion in his brain, b12 deficiency, and other bad things. Help please...I will go see my,doctor

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's ALL stress sweetie I promise you. I've had it all, It is amazing what it can do to your body, even when your not stressed. Our nervous system is highly sensitive at the minute. Nothing is going to happen to you. Stop all the what if thoughts, all the googling and take on day at a time. You WILL get better if you do this x
    • Posted

The FEAR of what is happening to you is the ONLY thing that is keeping your anxiety and all your symptoms that come with it alive. The ONLY thing.
    • Posted

You have convinced your mind and body that there is something wrong with you and it is reacting accordingly it needs rest sweetie, you need rest. When your symptoms come do NOTHING just let them be and get on with your day, they cannot harm you x
    • Posted

Hi Sara, just wondering if you have had chronic dizziness with anxiety

I really don't know how I'm going to get through this, I feel as if I can't cope with this symptom and feel it's taking me to breakdown. Have had CT scan of neck & head which was normal, am waiting to see ENT, however, neurologist & GP thinks the dizziness is caused by panic, I feel as if I'm swaying & it's worse sitting still without my head supported

I am also entering menopause so am very emotional get very anxious & also crying especially in the morning.

I just understand how anxiety can cause chronic dizziness

I'd be grateful to know what you think

Ps dizziness started in March this year while sitting in hairdressers, had been suffering from various stressors for a while

• Posted

I had fallen asleep around 5 and am now up so I got about 4 and a half hours of sleep. I feel better and when I went to sleep just now I didn't get the tingling sensation which I am grateful for.I am praying to god that this is nothing
    • Posted

I do chick, and depersonalisation, it seems everybody's body responds differently to stress. It's your body and minds way of saying I can't cope with this worry and sort of shuts down cognition wise. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant and anxiety + pregnancy is a whole other ball game!!! I am just taking one day at a time. What does it feel like for you hon? Is there any part of the day/situations where you don't notice it?
    • Posted

Hi Sara thanks for replying and it's lovely your pregnant, I have three fab sons.

I feel the dizziness has been worse lately & not really getting a break from it, I don't know if it's because I'm stressing more about it the longer it's lasting

A couple of weeks ago I was able to enjoy a walk with my husband or enjoy watching the soaps on TV, now I feel I can't enjoy anything just always worried & feel really lonely during the day as I've had to give my job up, I'm just watching everyone enjoying life & im always dizzy

I dread mornings as it's the 1st thing I think about & have to sit up in bed for a while b4 I get up

Very emotional as well because of hormone decline, feel really sad

Sorry for being so negative but I've developed a real fear of this dizziness

Hope your enjoying your evening x

• Posted

Hi!

Im a 19 y/o female and im having these same issues everyday, its unbearable at this point. i know its been a long time since you uploaded this but i was hoping for an update on how your doing now and what the problem was for you! Thank you!

• Posted

i would definitely see a doctor about your entering menopause... the hormone changes can cause all sorts of craziness in your body! i would also get checked for vertigo... I've had it and the dizziness is horrible, but its treatable! Another thing to have checked is your hydration... dehydration can also cause dizziness! Have you had any bloodwork recently? if not, i would strongly suggest it! It could really ease your mind and give you a starting point!!

• Posted

Hi shar 

I know this is a old post but iam haveing bery simmilar symptoms to you its been 5 months iam loseing my mind have you found what this is and how its treated doctors dont have a clue i need help please get back to me if you see this 

• Posted

Hi Shar I would love to know if the symptoms ever went away. I'm awake right now at 3:48 am dealing with what seems to be exactly the same thing. It shows your post was 3 years ago. Did things ever change? This is a tormenting feeling I hope will soon end and never come back.

• Posted

Hi John I’ve had the exact same tingling feeling started at Christmas time and now in the last week after I had a body massage it’s now spread all over my body I went to the docs and they were very dismissive and said it could be anxiety and that I need to believe I’m ok! Or the gp said it could also be musculoskeletal. I now have a buzz like feeling in my toes, arms legs my shins back head my neck feels heavy at times then some days it doesn’t I’m going back to the docs on the 5th of March for a follow up. What does yours feel like? Dan.
    • Posted

What Did the doctor say? Hopefully everything is ok....i have been suffering from anxiety for years...and lately it’s gotten worse as I was diagnosed with post viral syndrome and the anxiety has gone through the roof at times and I think something is wrong and I feel trapped
    • Posted

Do you have the tingling sensation around your body? The docs have told me to stop worrying about my tingling/prickling sensations as they are not important, I’m going to see a acupuncturist in April just in case it is a nerve problem they have good results to help with that and anxiety!
    • Posted

Hi Dan I have the exact same symptoms also after a massage !

The doctors have told me not to worry I am going to see a neurologist in 3 weeks time .I am beside myself with worry although I do get some better days just wanted to talk to some else with same symptoms sure my family think I going mad .Hiw are you now did the acupuncture help ?

• Posted

Did anything ever get figured out? Im having the same issues and really worried about it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.