Stomach Acid

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi team,

At the moment I am taking two prescriptions which are; Omeprazole 20mg and Ranitidine 150mg for stomach acid/ulcers.

Now out the blue I am now getting indigestion more and more frequent, to the extent that I am now including peppermint extract with a little boiling water.

Has anyone got any idea what could be causing this and what can be done? One last thing my diet is still the same, as I avoid fatty foods and have plenty of milk, vegetables etc.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thankyou  Mark

I totally agree, i am seeing an gasroenterologist tomoro after three yr's of oh it's this or it's that, i have had spinal surgery three yr's ago.Disc removal nothing put bk to support it, after surgery now another gone down.Don't know whether the two are related but pain in both area's are just not acceptable.On my own as both parent's are elderly.Moved away when young so been bk in my hometown for nine yr's, my own fault i suppose fiercly independant after divorce and having to relocate.I am a fighter in a good way, would really like a pain free day.Not much to ask, however to no avail.

• Posted

Hi Susan

Like you I have back problems. I have mild Scoliosis and at least once a month I have disc trouble as it keeps slipping out I believe it is called a prolapse disc.

Also like you I am also on my own. I have no family. I have lost the last family member in 1993.

In relation to friends due to being able to get out. At the moment I have just one person who is able to help. If it wasn't for him, then I would not be able to live at home.

As I was saying to dave, I live with a condition called CMT (Charcot Marie Tooth Disease) which affects different areas of the body. There is no cure, just long term medical intervention.

• Posted

My apologies, also to wish you good health and a happy and prosperous 2015.
    • Posted

On a lighter note yr a northerner? Maybe some light banter would be funny but soothong.!
    • Posted

No Susan I am from Birmingham. But I think that you are close as you have a kind heart.
    • Posted

Not far east sussex.yr surname would help if that's ok as i would like to help!
    • Posted

I have sent you the requested information in a private message and my email address. I will await your email and will respond tomorrow, so I will say goodnight.

If you do not wish to use my email address, that will be fine too.

• Posted

Having read most of the comments, I feel quite lucky that I just have low B12, Iron and gastritus! At almost 60 (2 months away) according to my doc I am in very good shape and I have to say I feel for some of you with what you are having to go through. Mark I have 2 rescue cats and like you they are by my side most of the time and a great comfort. I send each and every one of you all the best and think myself lucky that I have only mild ailments.
  • Posted

I should add that when I call my Doc about anything worrying me that she sees me straight away but as you say Mark, where you live can play a massive part on what treatment you receive. Here in Manchester we have three main hospitals and one of them I wouldn't recomend for putting a plaster on properly never mind dealing with anything more serious. So location does make a huge difference...but it shouldn't.
    • Posted

Yes I agree with you 100%. But as for the cat Lady George, she is the only thing in my life that I care for. Before I went into hospital at the start of December, I initially refused until I knew that the cat was ok with plenty of food because of not knowing how long I was going to be away for.

But as I look forward, I think that once I get this prostate sorted then all is well. My appointment for this is March.

Anyway thankyou for your kind and supportive words and wish you good health and a happy 2015. I will also take this opportunity to say goodnight from Lady George and myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.