Stomach and back pain for two weeks now

Posted , 8 users are following.

Short version of my symptoms.I have had stomach problems on and off for years and have been told hiatal hernia and IBS.A few months ago I had every test but an endoscopy ( put it off for insurance reasons).Im going to make an appt to have it done.

Anyway,two weeks ago I started with lower abdominal achiness and lower back burning sensation (I do have a small fibroid as well).The pain is now in my lower and upper abdomen and radiates around my left side right under my rib cage.It almost feels like an ache near my kidney area as well.sometimes the pain is around my belly button.I am bloated (look 8 months prego) and have a loose BM after everything I eat.Rarely constipated.i have an on and off bad taste in my mouth as well.Its going on two weeks now.Its not terrible pain but feels heavy like something is in there,its hard to explain.I. Not sure if its IBS or my hernia or something else that is serious.I can't get an appointment until the 24th of this month.When I wake up I am kind of better but as the day goes on my belly blows up and the left side hurts.Any ideas of what's going on would be appreciated.Ok, so I gave the long version.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've got that diverticularitist and don't worry, the flare ups are usually rare, although painful, I feel doctors are learning more about it. Good luck honey
    • Posted

Thanks Trisha!!I hope so.Reading up on diverticulitis has me freaking out.I have myself worrying of worst case scenerio like colostomy ..I do have a question if you dont mind.i was told I had an uncomplicated case and sent home w cipro and flagl but told to return if not better.I am on day 3 of the meds and still feel the spasms/pain most of the day.How long till a flare up stops hurting?I mean,should I be concerned that it still hurts?I know a liquid diet is what to do first few days but the meds make me so sick on empty belly I did have an egg soup and cheerios w in the past three days but thats it.
    • Posted

Just try and bear it because I promise the worst part is over, it's diagnosed and its quickly over with I promise
  • Posted

I know how that's feels. The feeling of something is in your stomach and only US who experience it will understand.

I use to have bloating feeling every time I eat anything. I find walking after meals helps and also try to eat small portion meal. I eat 5-6 small portion meals daily from 7am to 7pm. I daily drink ginger root tea or camomile tea with turmeric. This helped me a lot not feel bloated. I also massage me stomach few times a day especially before bedtime.

Try to have food diary. There's prolly foods that triggers your bloating feeling. Oatmeal is too heavy for me and I hardly eat it

I myself is still dealing with my acid reflux (bloating and stomach gas ~ sometimes) myself. It takes a while to heal. Also try to eliminate stress in your life

• Posted

Thank you!!Im going to follow a strict diet as soon as the pain subsides.I am on antibiotics and still in pain
    • Posted

hi Cb279 I have a lot of issues regarding my bloated stomach.. I have sent you a private message regarding your question.. I also appreciate you drinking tea..Let us make use of mother nature's garden... health is wealth and nature holds the best cure for our ailments and conditions...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.