Stomach cramps and bloating

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, lets get right into it. So I have been having some issues with bloating for quite a while now. I think this started in march and lasted around 2 weeks until it slowly got better again. I have gone to the doctors about it and was just told to take antacids, they did not do any additional tests. The bloating has caused trousers and underwear to be more uncomfortable than normally, and I have tried a few different kinds/brands/sizes to see if anything would be comfier at all but this has not really helped. I have kept track of my weight as well and have not gained close to any weight at all for quite a long time, and appear to be of a fairly healthy weight as far as I am aware (5’10, 72kg).

This bloating issue seems to return every 1/2 months and last for a couple of weeks, and now I have had similar issues for the last 2.5 weeks. It feels like the stomach is bloated for most of the day and comes with some stomach cramps and a soar belly button. Sometimes this comes with feeling sick as well, especially on morning walks. I have had some issues with gas as well (tons of burping) but this has died down a bit in the last few days. I have taken quite a few antacids now but it does not seem like this is helping much. I have also started taking peppermint oil capsules after doing some research online for about a week now but does not feel like this is changing much.

I am thinking if going back to the doctors and make it clear that “just taking antacids” has not helped and hope that this can be looked into further.. Does this sound familiar to others at all? Any clue what it could be or any possible remedies that could help?

Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated 😃

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Bit of an update.. this is still occurring pretty much every day, although it now sometimes changes with heartburn and being a bit short of breath. Urine was tested and came back all clear, have a blood test schedules this week and hoping to find something. I have also been cutting out some foods on a weekly basis to see if I can figure it out myself but have not had much success with this yet..

• Posted

So another update, I have been cutting out dairy completely for the last two weeks and this is showing improvement. I have less pain now and the pain overall is less frequent, although it is not completely faded. Blood tests can back all OK without further action needed. Not sure if I should accept that there still is some pain and see if it fades over time or if I should be going back to the docs and request any additional tests? Pain currently is a combination of some heartburn and stomach cramps, gas issues seem to have disappeared almost completely and bloating happens far less currently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.