Stomach / digestive problem(s). Help.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all.

Basically on early Thursday after a very small breakfast (Cranberry Juice and Cashews) I started getting really painful stomach cramps, kind of on par with pre/during food poisoning cramps. Shortly after I went to the loo and noticed my stool was lighter in colour than usual. It wasn’t broken/diarrhoea like I expected however.

Ever since this day the stomach cramps haven’t returned in as severe form, but I have felt bloated, unbelievably fatigued, generally not right and some real vague abdominal discomfort (not really painful in that sense & some days it’s down low and today it’s up to the left).  My stools since have been kind of one a day and a bit sloppy/oily. 

I also don’t know whether I’m being a hypochondriac but I can feel a slight swollen enlargement kind of my rib cage to the left and it also feel like swallowing and keeping food down my eusophagus is, kind of laboured. 

I have avoided eating as much purely because I wanted to make sure it wasn’t an intolerance or even pancreatitis, so obviously that may play into the fatigue, but I’ve never felt this tired and depleted. 

Good points are that I haven’t bled in my stool or vomited once. 

Has anyone thoughts on what this could be? Anyone can help? 

Thanks! 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry for the bump but I have an update.

The coming and going of my pretty strong fatigue and weakness and the vague discomfort in my abdomen led me to send off stool samples via the doc.

One was normal, but the other one came back with a high calprotectin number of 73 (normal is around 50 or below).

She said I may need a colonoscopy. What does that high number of calprotectin mean? Can this be really bad? I’ve been eating really quite well apart from the odd choc bar or gluten free biscuit...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.