Stomach issues from stress and anxiety

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm always having stomach problems everyday. Just wondering if being extremely stressed and anxious could be what is causing it.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Amy! I feel your pain!

Being stressed and having anxious feelings are awful.

I suffer with anxiety disorder and this has resulted in me having IBS... Crazy, I know.

This could be the case for yourself it's your body going through the 'fight and flight' phase so it wants to get rid of things which may be what's causing your stomach issues.

Go to the doctors Anyways as you may have an intolerance to something.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you so much Gracec. I know that I have horrible anxiety and stress. I am a stay at home mom to 7 kids and usually have them on my own except for weekends when my husband is home.
    • Posted

I promise you things will get better.

There were times when I thought I'd never see the other end.

It's hard for people to understand as you can't see the illness it's not visible.

Do things to relax yourself.

Have hot baths with relaxing music, try chamomile tea, fresh air.

LOTS of water.

Best wishes

Grace

• Posted

Thank you Grace. I know that some people don't understand it. I have had people tell me just to make it stop but you can't just make anxiety and stress stop

• Posted

Lately i have been waking up with nervous stomach, feel down with it and cant get motivation.

Any advice appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.