stomach pain ,bloated,nausea,gurgling,back pain ,dizziness,tirednes,chestpain,loss of appetite etc

Posted , 13 users are following.

Ok so nearly 2 yrs now ive had stomach pain,nausea gargling even when ive eaten acid and burning in my stomach and esophagos,cramps in stomach and dull ache left side bloated etc went to 9 doctors who sed it seems more like IBS and anxiety ive had bloodtests and stool samples thats it oh and urine test,i did lose weight but put back on but still stomach pain and dizziness chest pain back pain and just feel empty stomach i lost my relationship of 16 yrs bcuz of this problem ppl think im a hypacondria yet my problem is that not everything shows on bloods yes they were normal but just bcuz there normal docs think thats it then when anxiety comes into play all docs blame it on that and ibs,ive begged for colonoscopy,endoscopy etc but docs wont have it just say summert would show on bloods and u wud lose weight and there wud b blood in stool,So now im stuck and got to try live with something all day everyday and not b the healthy me i was and not b the dad i want to b to my gorgeous daughter feel stuck in limbo has anyone else gone through similar situation ....... By the way im 30 neva trouble with stomach before i cud eat what i wanted before now cant eat what i used to got tested for h/pylori and crohns and vit b12 all normal,got told it cud b acid reflux aswell and omoprazole and lansoprazole doesnt do anything,buscopan doesnt either and back ache always tingles 😡lost faith in docs 

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sounds like gerd and gastritis.  A endoscopy would confirm this.  Very odd that out of the 9 doctors you've seen, none wanted to perform an EGD.  My best advice, either find a doctor who will perform an EGD or start taking a OTC PPI like omeprazole/nexium and go on a low acid diet.  Remove all typical triggers from your diet like soda, chocolate, fried foods, spicy foods, tomato-based foods, heavily processed foods, etc.  You should only eat foods that are gentle on the stomach and easy to digest.  Try that for a couple of weeks and see if your symptoms improve.  Keep a food diary of everything you eat.  If it causes any discomfort, remove it from your diet for now.  If you decide to take the PPI route, I highly recommend to start taking a good probiotic. 

• Posted

Hi chuck thanks for the advice and i aint got a clue why they aint sent for further tests which i wanted in the first place they just look on records and bcuz anxiety is a thing from the past they think everything is anxiety ive tryed omoprazole and lansoprazole aint worked also gaviscon also forwver living aloe vera gel ive bin on a fodmap diet for ibs cut out all rubbish and still the same its really draining like really bad and if u go hospital they cant do anything your doctor refures u so im stuck in limbo with anxiety stuck on my records 😡

• Posted

Hi stoneroses86

Good advice from Chucky777.....also gave you had your Vit D tested deficiency can cause gastro problems.....best wishes..

• Posted

I agree lilian but ive tryed alot of things maybe im just to intune with my body with anxiety and causing my stomach to spasm into pain i really dont no but what i do know is i try keep a balanced diet writing dwn in my diary of everyday i have pain take it my docs and they just say it seems more on anxiety and ibs 
  • Posted

Could be IBS if your pain moves about and you have change of bowel habit along with your other symptoms.  See someone else and push for an endoscopy and colonoscopy.
    • Posted

Ive tryed push for a colonoscopy and endoscopy but docs basically say they look for certain markers and my bloods a yr ago were normal had them tested recently and they are still normal for ceilic disease,liver,pancreas,vit b12,cbc,crohns,h/pylori, and had numerous docs 
    • Posted

Had numerous docs press on my stomach and cant feel any lumps also no blood in stool just acid and bloated and cramps in my stomach gas feels like its goin around my back aswell and constant belching docs just say if summert was wrong it wud defo show markers in your bloods and u wud b losing weight so just got keep thinking its anxiety and ibs but cant seem to brush it off thanku for advice x 
  • Posted

If everything is normal, doctors diagnose IBS.  Maybe ask for a different antispasmodic  and try a food diary to see if food is the problem.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice pippa ill give the food diary a try and stop the fodmap and just keep a diary of things to eat that makes me better or makes me worse its a right pain in the arse lol ot stops u in your tracks and goin from eating what i want to hardly eat anything its hard, and because im constantly thinking docs are missing something that in itself is causing more anxiety and in turn cud make ibs worse if it is ibs 
    • Posted

I had three and a half months of believing doctors had missed something before I was diagnosed with IBS.  After my diagnosis, I stopped worrying, trusted my doctor and accepted my IBS.  If you have IBS,  Fodmap may well help you to identify food triggers.  Many people are helped by it. A food diary is also helpful.  Either of these can be tried.  However, with Fodmap, see a dietician, because ir can be tricky to follow.
    • Posted

Its bin 2 yrs for me with stomach pain everyday more on left side which i got told thats what people with ibs has the pain aswell and the fodmap diet i had a list off my doctor ive seen a therapist for anxiety and for 2 yrs ive neva had a day that i feel 100% its s***e aint it 
    • Posted

Ask for an antispasmodic to take the edge off the pain; painkillers help too. Nurofen and Buscpan work for me. I had generalised stomach pain at first with my IBS that moved about my stomach and I had four different types of pain. Since then this has much improved and instead of daily constant pain, I have months of remission with very few flare ups. My last bad episode was a stress related attack of diarrhoea in July which Imodium cured. Codeine also helped to slow it down until I got to a chemist.  I feel 100% most of the time.  I do understand though how you are feeling because when I had daily symptoms along with health anxiety, I felt awful. 

Everyone experiences IBS differently and this can cause anxiety.  My brother had much more frequent and painful IBS attacks than me so it was difficult to compare his symptoms to mine. They often caused him to take to his bed and get depressed. His trigger was stress and potatoes, particularly in potato salads and when they were bolied.  Mashed potato was better.  This was in the days before Fodmap.

When my IBS was at its worst in those first three months, I never took to my bed.  I tried my best to continue as normal even though concentrating on anything eventually became very difficult because my pain and severe anxiety consumed everything. 

• Posted

Hi Soneroses86,

I had all the problems you did, went to several doctors, from GP, GI and GYN, and all told me that I had IBS, to take this med and that med, change my diet...ect. I was not going to give up, so I went to one more GYN and he suggested that I go to a general Surgeon and explain what I am feeling, I had explained about how all the doctors were telling me that I had IBS, but none of the meds or diets or anything was working, I had explained that I was feeling pain in certain areas.Although you have not been successful and get other test done, ask him for a diagnostic laparoscopy to see if there is a cause to your pain. That is what they had done for me. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Do you have trouble sleeping, do you swim in fresh water, do you eat a lot of pork, bacon, hotdogs, etc
  • Posted

Hi, I know you posted a while back but this sounds exactly like all my systems, I'm having a really bad time at the minute, haven't been getting anywhere with the doctors, did u get sorted?

• Posted

You should check for parasites if the docs cant find anything wrong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.