Stomach pain for two months, nothing helps. Very worried.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I've been strugling with reflux for 3 years. It usually comes and goes really fast, but now nothing helpsZ Recently I moved to South Korea (finding non triggering food is very hard) and one month after that, it all started. The pain, the acid in my mouth... I started taking esomeprazole and since it did nothing, they gave me more medication but the symptoms are getting worse than ever. I always feel my throat blocked and dry and now is hard to swallow. Some nights is hard to breath and I have cough every day. Everything I eat upsets my stomach and I feel constant nausea. I am very scared of it being cancer. I had an endoscopy made on June this year and they saw nothing new, can I get something so dangerous in just 6 months?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Berta00988

What tests have you had?

• Posted

hi Mary, i had an endoscopy last June, and they told me I had reflux due to incompetence of gastric cardia. I was told some years ago I had a incipient hiatus hernia. Also last month I had a CT done with contrast via veins for checking my blood vessels and they found a cyst in my uterus (7cm, pretty big) but I don't know if that test can find tumors in the stomach. thank you for asking

• Posted

CTs are highly accurate in detecting all sorts of tumours. However, you shouldn't jump to the worst case scenario . Endoscopies are also highly accurate. Trust and accept your diagnosis of reflux. Your doctor would have told you if he or she suspected anything more serious and would have ordered more urgent tests. This has not happened so that should help to reassure you. Hiatus hernias can also contribute to your symptoms. Was your cyst treated?

• Posted

thank you for all your answers pippa 😃 I went to a gynecologist and he told me not to worry, that my body would reabsorb it (which is fascinating and creeps me out at the same time) but I should get checked in a couple of months just in case. The CT was not meant for the stomach so I didn't drank a contrast, so I don't know if they could see my stomach properly anyway. I know is nearly impossible for me to have a tumor in my stomach and you're right, I shouldn't worry. But is hard for me to understand why I have these symptoms and why they don't go aways as usual. Thank you again for your answers!

• Posted

I wouldn't worry about why you have these symptoms and why they are not going away. Trust your doctor's reassurances and leave it at that. CTs are very accurate and your doctor would have said if they hadn't been able to see your stomach properly. My doctor was very clear about what they couldn't see on my ultrasound.

• Posted

Also try a food diary to see what foods may be irritating your stomach.

• Posted

i used to have a food diary and I used to know when something would irritate my stomach. But these days everything irritates my stomach, and more than a burning feeling I feel pain and fullness, and difficulty to swallow. My doctor wasn't checking at my stomach at that time, but anyway they would have seen something. Today I went again to the doctor and they're going to make an endoscopy to make a proper diagnosis and medicate me better.

• Posted

Since your last endoscopy showed nothing new, it may well be that nothing will show at the next endoscopy. I think you already have had a proper diagnosis. Gastritis, h pylori or GERD are likely culprits especially since you have had gastritis before. I sometimes regurgitate food with GERD.

• Posted

I know it's nothing new, but what's new are the strength of the symptoms and the lack of relieve, never happened before. And that nothing helps, just a bit of relieve. It used to be punctual but now is in my daily life. And the throat symptoms are completely new, I can barely breath sometimes and I had never had swallowing problems. I don't know I just want help... I feel very scared and without knowing what to do, the doctors never really helped me with this GERD thing, just diagnosed.

• Posted

GERD can be managed with avoiding food triggers such as anything spicy, rich or fatty. Antacids can help along with milk. Avoiding stress can also work. Try relaxation therapy and distraction techniques such as a hobby or light exercise to take your mind off your symptoms. I'm surprised your doctor didn't suggest some of these things. GERD symptoms can change over time and can get worse with stress. Stress can cause breathlessness and throat problems along with a cough are reflux symptoms. Diagnosis is a huge step forward. Try these tips I have mentioned to get help. I take antacids, try to avoid stress, drink milk and avoid very fatty or spicy foods and this works for me.

• Posted

Thank you so much really, I feel so hopeless sometimes. I can't drink cow milk because I am intolerant but I'll try the other tips. The issue that disturbs me the most is the lack of air. I am calm and breathing normally but feel like I can't get oxygen. It comes out of nowhere and can last for hours even if I make deep breaths. I feel like I am dying sometimes... and I don't hyperventilate, I really don't understand why I have this. Is it normal? I don't have ahsma or anything... sometimes I cough but I don't understand it

• Posted

Hi Berta00988

Do you have any problems with your sinus? you may have a deviated septum or polyps and these conditions can block you breathing properly and taking in adequate oxygen. If you did have these sinus conditions it would present itself by frontal head pain and face pain and post-nasal drip mucus going down the back of your throat. Another situation that would cause abnormal breathing is stress and anxiety but you mention you are relaxed when it happens. It would be a good idea to check your oxygen levels by purchasing an oxygen monitor that you can put on your finger to obtain a reading whereby you can see if your oxygen levels are normal.....

• Posted

Hi Mary, I got my oxygen checked when I went to the doctor two months ago and it was ok, but I don't know if now is not. I don't know about polyps actually, I have headaches and some pain when I swallow sometimes but not sinus pain, so maybe is anxiety but I find it strange because I've had anxiety for years and never felt breathless without hyperventilating. I am also scared because I'll go to Philiphines for a week after new year and there is not proper health care there in case I get really bad...

• Posted

Hi Berta00988

Can you pinpoint what you were doing or what you had been doing prior to getting breathless. Perhaps it was an activity or maybe something you ate. Perhaps you could keep a diary of your activities and what you eat and see if you get breathless when doing certain activities or after an activity, also when you eat and what you eat. The breathlessness could be an allergy to something....give it a go and see if anything transpires....

• Posted

Hi Berta00988

Also, perhaps it may be any medication you may be taking.....read your Information Leaflets to see the side effects the medication may cause...

• Posted

Hi Berta00988

Sent this for you to have a look at it could be what you are experiencing

• Posted

Hi Berta00988

Sorry did not upload. Will try again...image

• Posted

thank you Mary, lately I feel my throat tight and breathless all the time so I guess it is GERD... I'll wait to my next appointment with my doctor. Right now I am not taking any medication so it can't be any side effect. I though it might be the nexium since i had terrible skin itching. I quit smoking too some weeks ago. thank you for caring

• Posted

Hi Berta00988

Happy to be of some help. Hope all goes well at doctors appointment....best wishes..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.