Stomach pain for two months, nothing helps. Very worried.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I've been strugling with reflux for 3 years. It usually comes and goes really fast, but now nothing helpsZ Recently I moved to South Korea (finding non triggering food is very hard) and one month after that, it all started. The pain, the acid in my mouth... I started taking esomeprazole and since it did nothing, they gave me more medication but the symptoms are getting worse than ever. I always feel my throat blocked and dry and now is hard to swallow. Some nights is hard to breath and I have cough every day. Everything I eat upsets my stomach and I feel constant nausea. I am very scared of it being cancer. I had an endoscopy made on June this year and they saw nothing new, can I get something so dangerous in just 6 months?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If your endoscopy showed nothing new, you shouldn't worry. Endoscopies are highly accurate. A cough, a dry throat and chest pain are common with acid reflux. Try a food diary to see what foods upset your stomach. Stress can cause reflux and make existing reflux worse. House moves are very stressful. Have you been diagnosed with acid reflux. Has gastritis ever been mentioned and have you ever had a test for h pylori? Ask your doctor for a different PPI or a higher dose. Milk can help to neutralize acid so long as you can tolerate it. Try not to overthink things and don't google your symptoms.

• Posted

Hi, yes I had h pylori done some years ago and it was negative, which is a relieve. They also saw gastritis some years ago but last time nothing, but I really think I usually have it because more than burning feeling what I feel is stomach pain. My reflux symptoms are more like acid in my mouth, bitter taste and throat problems and swallowing problems lately, which are new. I just never had some new symptoms and for so long, and no matter what I eat everything upsets my stomach and I regurgitate the food.

• Posted

I doubt anything serious would pop up in six months. You probably just had a another episode of gastritis or GERD .

have you changed your diet? You need to stay away from acidic foods and eat more alkaline foods.

You can find a list of those types of foods online but basically acidic foods include all junk food, pop, cheese and most dairy, red meat, chocolate, plus many more online.

Alkaline foods would be your fresh vegetables, most fruits especially bananas, raisins, Limited lean meats like chicken and turkey plus many others online.

if it continues after changing your diet, just let your doctor know. Maybe the doctor can change your medication.

take care

• Posted

yes i have changed my diet and I felt a bit better for some days but still have a terrible stomach pain and have trouble breathing, I feel my throat so tight and when I wake up it's super dry and my mouth too. I have trouble sleeping and I choke on food... I don't know I have to wait but I'm starting to loose my patience and get freaked out...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.