Stomach problems, what is it?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I've been having stomach problems for six months now and it's gradually getting worse:

pain under right rib cage

gas all day especially after meals (I take care to eat slow)

bloating gradually increases throughout day after food

always hungry and eat but don't gain weight

bad gas after eating sugar

twitching muscles and shivering

white coated tongue

pain in my kidneys?

ear buzzing and lumps around ear

Heart problems (skipping beat or too fast/slow)

large pupils (may be unrelated)

blurred vision (floaters)

bad smelling urine

the first symptom I noticed was about a year back when my stomach was tight after eating biscuits

(some of above may be unrelated but thought I'd state it all)

i've been on probiotics, peppermint tablets, actimel etc and eat healthily and exercise.

it did get worse after taking antibiotics a while back but ive been healthy and taken probiotics since and it doesnt help

ive been tested for celiac, blood tests and it all came back negative. My doctor hasnt given me a straight answer yet so i was wondering if anybody has had something similar.

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’ve also been extremely hungry all the time recently mostly for carbs and sugars and have been eatibg a lot in one sitting (sometimes almost a days worth of food) without feeling full. I just get awful gas afterwards. But then feel so exhausted that I sit down most of the day but don’t gain any weight.. 
    • Posted

Hi el8286

Eating a lot of carbs in one sitting will cause you to get a sugar crash and be very tired all day. The carbs will lift you up and then you will get a sudden crash.

You should try eating protein in the day until 4pm then eat carbs but not lots of sugary things. Have proper meals of veg,,sweet potato,,ordinary potato, chips various pasta type foods, rice ,noodles and salads..in moderate amounts..but no proteins like meat and fish. You could have a small choc bar or a few sweets. This way of eating, after a while, will kerb your sugar cravings. I used to crave sugary things but since being on this new way of eating the sugar craving had abated...

• Posted

Thanks for the advice, I shall see how it goes and report back!smile
    • Posted

Hi el8286

You won't see results for about 2 - 3 weeks and you must stick to this way of eating....if you have been having some kind of carb such as toast for brek continue having it for a week with the protein such as a high protein cereal or bacon and egg and protein drink...then mid morning tea or decaf coffee with a protein bar. Then for lunch chicken, ham, some other meat, fish, cheese with salads. Gradually phase out the carbs in the day to give your body a chance to get used to change of eating habit. You can still have some sugary carbs after 4pm along with different pasta types, potato sweet or ordinary and other carbs as mentioned in my last reply but only moderate amounts of choc or sweets or biscs go for low sugar types. This way of eating will put your Circadian Rhythm in sync and help you sleep better and feel better healthwise...

• Posted

Hi there, I am hoping someone can help.

I am 24 and have been suffering from an array of symptoms over the last 8 months. Apologies for the Bible but I will start from the beginning. It all started with body aches that were predominantly down both of my sides, I went to A&E and was simply told I was constipated and had IBS. (I believe I suffer from ibs which before this all started was majority constipation so this made sense to me) over the coming months my pain moved across my abdomen and down my groin, which also left me with a swollen testicle. Due to all of this I was put on various different antibiotics for urine infections and prostatitis over a course of 3 months. It turns out i had none of these and they were not necessary. This pain continued and I was given a CT scan and colonoscopy which came back clear.

However, over the last 3 months my pain has changed significantly, please see my symptoms below.

1. Upper abdominal pain central and across to left, below ribs and under chest and occasionally travels to right side. (normally a burning stingy feeling).

2. Mid and upper Back pain on centre and across to left (usually comes after stomach pain, but can be more prominent that stomach pain at times).

3. Constant change in stools, with diarrhea, constipation, normal and floating.

4. Indigestion

5. Allergy to too much dairy, fats and gluten (creates floating diarrhea)

6. Occasionally tingling in upper back between shoulder blades which started mostly on right side

7. Increase in burping

8. Feeling of trapped gas.

9. Weight loss, which started from the very beginning of this. I started at 13.5stone and am now just under 12. I understand a lot of this will be diet changes since i have cut out most fats and gluten. I have a very healthy diet now.

I am also taking sertraline due to the anxiety this has all caused. I am recently engaged and have spent the entire engagement in pain, and I just want to be better.

Does this sound like it could fit h pylori? I have not had any test for it, and it looks like I may be getting an endoscopy as I have been told because I am now on ompeprazol they cannot test unless I come off it for 2 weeks. I hope someone can please give me a bit of advice and help with this. Thank you once again.

• Posted

Hi guys, still no idea about the blood tests so normally that means there’s no problems. However, the constant gas I’m experiencing is ruining my life, it’s bad all day but especially straight after eating (I eat slow, breath, have limitted lactose, gluten etc and nothing has helped- not buscopan, peppermint nothing! I’ve been extremely exhausted all the time, dry mouthed and waking up in the night in sweats, anybody got any ideas at all?
  • Posted

Hi guys, recently been have extreme cravings for sugar and carbs which ultimately result in me binging on so much and I cant seem to stop however after eating any sugar i feel extremely sick and have bad gas, any ideas?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.