Stomach problems, what is it?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi I've been having stomach problems for six months now and it's gradually getting worse:

pain under right rib cage

gas all day especially after meals (I take care to eat slow)

bloating gradually increases throughout day after food

always hungry and eat but don't gain weight

bad gas after eating sugar

twitching muscles and shivering

white coated tongue

pain in my kidneys?

ear buzzing and lumps around ear

Heart problems (skipping beat or too fast/slow)

large pupils (may be unrelated)

blurred vision (floaters)

bad smelling urine

the first symptom I noticed was about a year back when my stomach was tight after eating biscuits

(some of above may be unrelated but thought I'd state it all)

i've been on probiotics, peppermint tablets, actimel etc and eat healthily and exercise.

it did get worse after taking antibiotics a while back but ive been healthy and taken probiotics since and it doesnt help

ive been tested for celiac, blood tests and it all came back negative. My doctor hasnt given me a straight answer yet so i was wondering if anybody has had something similar.

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi el8286

Have you been checked for 'HypOthyroidism' you are presenting with typical symptoms of Hthyroidism..Unexplained fatigue, mood swings, weight gain and stomach disorders...ask doc to check for this....

• Posted

Thanks, I shall find out would I know from a blood test as I have had one recently (well in October) and nothing was wrong.
  • Posted

I have also noticed an uncontrollable hunger throughout the day especially craving carbohydrates and sugars but just generally everything.
    • Posted

Hi el8286

Hypothyroid blood tests will not be carried out in an ordinary complete blood count. They will have to be specifically ordered by your doctor.....perhaps you should be tested for diabetes to...are you drinking and weeing a lot too?...

• Posted

Hi, yes I drink a lot (by choice) but also wee a lot or feel the need to wee a lot even if I don’t actually have to go.

I don’t know whether this is related but I also experience numb, tingly so I can’t feel my feet, speech problems, lack of concentration, headaches the majority of the time and muscle twitching. 

• Posted

Hi el8286

Have you been tested for type 2 diabetes..i looked at your first post and you do have all the signs. Then looking at yr latest post you commented on your eyes and feet..which can be affected if you have diabetes and it is not dealt with. Also, it causes recurrent thrush infections as you have on your tongue. You can check for yourself and buy a glucose monitor from a pharmacy to check if your glucose levels are normal..in the morning and after eating..the monitor will have a booklet showing normal and high glucose levels or you can google it..if high contact yr surgery and let them know...

• Posted

Thanks for the advice, I shall get one and see what happens! 
  • Posted

Hi guys not sure whether anyone else has experience of this but it is most probably the most humiliating thing about my stomach which is the gas that starts around lunch time or just prior to and the need to pass gas about every 10 seconds which is just humiliating. Does anyone else experience this?
    • Posted

I get a lot of bowel gas from IBS.  I don't know what you have but you could try avoiding gassy foods such as broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts and don't take fizzy drinks.    For oral gas, try bicarbonate of soda to release it.  Try eating  more slowly and eat little but often.  Avoid big meals and don't est late at night.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice, though it seems I have tried everything to prevent it: smaller meals, peppermint tablets, buscopan and adjusted my diet and yet nothing changes. The doctors generally brush it off but it is honestly ruining my life as I have stopped going out due to it.
    • Posted

Has your. doctor suggested any diagnosis? Buscopan and peppermint are antispasmodics only which are designed to help stomach pains from IBS; they won't help with gas; that's why they didn't help.  Have you tried Bicarbonate of soda or Windeze? 

The other possibility is that it may be unconnected to the other symptoms you have.  Everyone is different and produces varying amounts of gas.  My brother had trouble with it when he was younger but it amused him greatly and it didn't stop him enjoying life.

When I pass gas, it doesn't bother me either and what other people think about it is not important to me.  I would try to relax and go out regardless of it.

• Posted

Thanks, the amout of gas is unnatural and humiliating and it may be unrelated; very in the dark right now but I shall try bicarb or windeze. 
    • Posted

The other thing is that your body does need some carbohydrates and sugar.  If you are craving them, you might have a deficiency.

• Posted

Yes definitely go see a GI as soon as you can.  They will do an endoscopy or other tests to see what's going on in your stomach and intestines. They might do a ultrasound too.  This is the first step you should be taking to find answers.  If vitamins and supplements are not helping then something more serious is going on.  Keep us updated and maybe call your GI and tell them you need to get in asap.

• Posted

Thanks I think I’m going to have some tests done to rule out problems it’s just a matter of being taken seriously for me so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.