Stomach pulsating

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi , does anyone else see there heart beat in there stomach ? It's quite weird to describe but it is very strong and peristant. Only 16 and been checked over just intrigued to see. I'm slim but have some excess belly fat which is lose. Could this be rippling from the pulse ?

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had this just before! I don't know what it is though and if it's normal or not rolleyes
    • Posted

i really feel this pulsating in my stomach and its freakin me out all day..it flows like the rythm of the heartbeat..
  • Posted

Probably stress from the somatic symptoms of anxiety.

Fat situated around the abdominal is also a stress symptom.

It's like people with IBS get it bad when their stressed.

• Posted

Hi. I too have heart beat in stomach . Sometimes very strong but all the time usually. 
  • Posted

Yes I get that a lot, my weight is okay, pretty lowish actually but I still have some belly fat there and I can see my stomach moving with my heartbeat sometimes, also because anxiety obviously causes digestive issues I see it moving, a bit like when I was pregnant and my babies kicked but I'm not, it's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

You aorta runs through your stomach so think of it as a positive sign, a doctor would want to feel the heartbeat there if they examined you, you are seeing it and it is perhaps a little more prominent because of your anxiety but this is a healthy heart pumping blood through that healthy aorta, it's a good thing rather than bad.

• Posted

Yo Ron! Yeah it's well normal, I did so much research Into this cause it freaked me out, I bet you only notice it when you're laying down. After 15-20 minutes you'll not notice it laying down. I feel one just under my ribs to the left, and another one just above my pelvic bone. It's VERY normal and I'm sure lots of people notice it but as with anxiety you're very tuned into every feeling you have and are more likely to notice it and or be freaked out by it.

I'd be more freaked out if you didn't have a pulse tbh wink GL Ron.

• Posted

Thanks for this man. I feel so much more relieved.  
  • Posted

Me I first came in this site last year due to been rushed to hospital I had the biggest panic attack of my life and I started to not be able to leave the house or anything all because I was worried through seeing my stomach pulse it became a obsession I would feel it everywhere even though I had it checked and told its normal I'm now 22 weeks pregnant and I still see it pulse even through my bump its absolutely normal x
  • Posted

My stomach has been pulsating for the past 3 months, akin to my heart beat. Its most noticeable when I'm laying down, its locating in the upper right quadrant of my stomach.

• Posted

I dont think your excess body fat has anything to do with why you feel,little spasms or your pulse  at all. I hooe bcause you noted youre slim but have bouncing fat isnt that you have some kind of eating disorder. I only say that because you used the word bouncy fat on a slim build, if you do have an issue with anorexia or bulemia you  need to tell your gp immediately. They can help you. And would exolain the pulse or soasms you feel. I have no clue and not judging you it was how you worded that then that came to mind. 

Otherwise i dont know where pulses are  located bit i wonder if theres one in that area where you are sensitive too. Maybe the vagus nerve but i do not know.

• Posted

i can see my stomach pulsating and its very strong when im in panic or anxiety attacks me..i really saw it beating when im lying in bed.im so freakin out of this sensation..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.