Stomach swelling, lower back pain, numb and lumps.. Drs wont help..

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, This is my first post here, and i have no expereince with this site, so i hope posting this as a new thread is okay! 

Female, aged 26. 

I had a child Oct 3rd 2013, during pregnancy i had gallstones which where removed this January by keyhole surgery - recovery was fine. 

For the past 4 months my stomach has been extrememly swollen.. (Constantly. Food, passing wind, and poop doesnt change this) it is alsovery tender. Its not just my lower stomach, its ALL over, and it starts at my bottom rib.  

Alongside with this Ive been suffering with pain in my lower back (coccyx), a pressure feeling quite simular to when i was pregnant. 

With these symptoms, I have also been suffering from EXTREME fatgue.. I cant get out of bed. My husband has to force me, and even after 12 hours sleep i am exhausted and can hardelly find any enegery to make it down the stairs. 

Another symptom which has been since around 4 months is i have no feeling during sex.. nothing at all. Its completely numb. Other areas are fine, just inside. 

I have been going to the doctors with this, but every time its a different diagnosis which doesnt treat anyting at all. The most recently drs visit said It was Pelvic inflammatory diseas, and prescribed me antibiotics. though he did not feel my stomach, nor did he do any other tests - he made me do a vaginal swab to be sent off but no results yet. 

As you can imagine, I'm not feeling too well at all. I have a 1 year old son who needs his mummy, and i just have no strength, in constant pain. My depression and anxiety has come back ten fold from this. 

Does anyone have ANY ideas?? I am absolutely so fed up with all this back and forthing with my drs and not getting anything done, while the whole time my symptoms are getting worse - my stomach is so swollen now that i cant wear buttons trousers, and i feel so uncomfortable its unreal. (100% not pregnant btw!)

thank you for reading.. .x

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, sorry to hear you are in the situation you are in. It sounds  like my GPs .  i would go to the health ombudsman. Make sure that you arent fobbed off.  These people might be doctors , but they dont know every thing. They can remove the coccyx but it sounds like problems in the lower back    Pain can do this , ie make you low and lacking in energy and not wanting to do any thing. I have constant pain and I spend a lot of time in bed because of it
    • Posted

(had to google that term, ombudsman. Not heard it before! and honestly, didnt know they existed...) Will deffinately seek further info from them. 

I never considered it could be with my back! Its a posibilty for sure. I need proper attention with this, its getting worse and worse, and now today i couldnt get my trousers over my stomach at all, i had to wear a summer dress in the freezing weather. 

sorry to hear you are suffering also.. sad 

• Posted

Hi Emma, You must go as soon as you can. If you get no ehere with the gp Call them, I only found this out my self  as iwas waioting a knee replacement  i was fed up with there   attitude  of the consultant that i was at my witts end., after calling them i was in hospital in less than a week.Try to keepour chin up . xxxconfused

• Posted

Hi Emma

I am experiencing the exact same thing!! How did it go?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.