Stomach Trouble and Nausea

Posted , 8 users are following.

Please help! 

This all started in February when I got severe severe nausea. I had some stomach pain, but for more than a week I was just really nauseous. It would get worse sometimes and I remember just begging my parents to kill me because I felt so awful I couldn't take it. That was the hardest time in my life, I went to urgent care and they gave me some medication, I think it's zofran, and that helped when I took it. They said I just had a bug and we decided that I did. Thankfully, I got better but then the next month I was nauseous for a few days or almost a week. It wasn't as bad as the first time, but I kept having nausea and it would get really bad for a few days almost every month. I went to the doctor and they ran blood, stool, and urine tests which all came back normal. (no H. Pylori) Now, it is August, and I still have been getting the nauseas, and also, the last few months I have also been having a feeling of something coming up my throat. Sometimes it's like acid, sometimes it's not. Yesterday, I felt super bad in my whole body and I had such bad nausea. I took my perscription pills (like I said earlier, I think it is zofran) and I did not eat dinner. This morning I woke up and I felt a little better so I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast but I still have nausea. I also have been feeling like my body is really heavy and i'm like a magnet to the ground. I just do not know what to do about this. My parents don't really want to take me to any more doctors because they dont give me any answers. and I can't take myself (as I am only 15) Everytime my nausea gets so terrible and I feel really bad I think what if it's a bug? Sometimes it seems different than it has been before or something and I think what if this is a bug? Because it gets really bad for a while, but then I get better (thank goodness) but then I get worse again. why am I feeling so bad so often? sad Please help. Any suggestions would be enormously appreciated. Also, a few weeks ago I saw my dad's chirproactor who also does natural and holistic healing. He told me to try going without gluten or dairy for a while and see if it helps. I did go without dairy or dairy for a few days but then I decided to just go without gluten. Without gluten, I was not having the severe nausea and the whole deal where i feel miserably nauseaous for a few days and I just lay in bed and don't eat anything (like I seem to get about once a month) I was able to live my normal life for the most part, but my stomach wasn't perfect, it just wasn't as bad as it gets every month or every once in a while. So a few days ago I started to eat a bit more gluten. Anyways, I just thought I would include that extra information. Please please leave any suggestions. Thank you. 

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lindsay,  I have been getting very similar symptoms to you.  It started one month last year I felt sick for a few days and like you I assumed I had a virus, wasn't that hungry etc.  The feeling passed and I continued as normal.  The following month it happened again then again then again... This feeling sick became more frequent and started lasting for longer.  I also get loose bowels and more wind than usual.  I can be ok for a few days, eating normal then bang it hits me out the blue.  It is as if something triggers it off.  I have kept food diarys, cut out foods, had numerous tests done by doctors and Gastro consultants all to which have been negative!  Was given tablets for IBS which didn't help.  I was given tablets which help the nausea but only to take when severe as it is not medication you can take long term.  I also have been asked if it is anxiety, if it is in my head.  It is so frustrating as you know your own body and you know when something is not right!  I actually began doubting myself so I went for therapy to treat anxiety and also tried hypnotherapy!  Just because none of the usual tests have showed up anything does not mean it is made up.

I understand when you just want to lie in bed, I do this too.  It is easy for people to say get up and do stuff, take your mind off it but it is so hard when you feel so awful or weak from not eating much.  I try my best to do things each day but it can be very difficult.

Did you ever get to the bottom of what is wrong with you?  I need help!  I hope you are better now.  Thanks

• Posted

Hi, 

i did not exactly find and pin point any specific cause. My mom thinks it could possibly be related to hormones (monthly cycles) another thing that helps is just to make sure I am eating well (I used to overeat quite a lot and that did not help), getting enough sleep, and not having too much stress, etc so I've been feeling better 

im sorry I can't help you that much but I hope you can find some answers or some things that can help you! 

• Posted

Hi, thank you for your reply.  I am glad you have managed to maybe work out it is due to your monthly cycles and I hope you are getting better now.

Thanks for getting back to me.  I am back at my doctors for help now.

• Posted

Yeah ironically I started feeling nauseous again yesterday... it's not terrible but it's not fun... haven't exactly figured it out since it doesn't really follow a monthly cycle but I'm just glad it's not as bad as it has been other times. Glad to hear you are getting help from a doctor. I hope you find some answers, 

• Posted

Oh dear, I am glad it wasn't a bad flare up for you.

My doctors did do bloods to check my hormone levels.  They could maybe do this with you to make sure you do not have a hormone imbalance causing it.  Just keep at your doctor if you feel bad again, although fingers crossed you don't!  Take care, and thank you.

• Posted

Thanks and maybe I could ask my doctors about testing my hormone levels... not sure if they would do that since they didn't suggest doing it when I came into the clinic but I might look into it. 

Let me know if you ever solve the problem or find any explanation. Hope you feel better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.