Stomach troubles

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been on sertraline for 13 weeks since being on them had bad diarrhoea is this normal. am so worried . any one had the same. been to doctors told them didn't seem bothered . thank u x

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

They never are. But i think stomach problems occur in some as its a known fact that sertraline causes gastritis. Thats why my doc told me to eat it after my breakfast every morning.
  • Posted

Yes, normal, Sertraline absorbs in small bowel. Seretonin irritates the bowel, as explained to me y pharmacy. I had it as well, probiotics work to stop it
  • Posted

Same.. 35 days on sertraline every time I go for a Brad it sounds like an agitated mallard trying to get out of a bucket of custard.!
    • Posted

That made me smile some thing I havent done in a while thanks . hope u don't mind me asking how long have you had it x

• Posted

36 Days of upset tum now.. Glad I raised a smile smile
    • Posted

Sorry to go on about it . are you getting bad pains in stomach as well . thanks globus kid x
    • Posted

Yes my tum is almost constantly growling and gurgling...
    • Posted

I have to run to the bathroom about 4 times a day . that cant be normal x
    • Posted

About the same for me too. Twice early morning , lunch and dinner time...
    • Posted

What dose are you on .is it helping you please
    • Posted

Dear Jessie .... Sounds almost identical... I've been on the lowest dose and if that's how they make feel then they are going in the bin. Hopefully things will get better for you. I hate taking pills. Take care.

• Posted

Was on 50 mg for 27 days then 100mg since then.

Not sure if its helping I have literally just had a massive panic attack and had ambulance crew attend 10-11am so heavens knows what id be like without it or if its contributing

• Posted

So sorry to hear that . wish you well and hope they work for you . xx
    • Posted

Im now on 150mg 40+ days in and it still doesnt seem to be doing much and the side effects are outweighing the benefits..

Is the Sert making you feel any better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.