Stomach troubles

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been on sertraline for 13 weeks since being on them had bad diarrhoea is this normal. am so worried . any one had the same. been to doctors told them didn't seem bothered . thank u x

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh yessss .... but I think mine was part of my anxiety. Still I have sometimes but very rare.

Try to eat often, small amounts of food and probiotics.

• Posted

I've been on sertaline for 7 weeks and felt alright fot the first two or three weeks but now feel worse tthan before I started taking the tablets and have had diarrhea for the past three weeks? I saw the doctor last week who didn't seem concerned but told me to carry on for another two weeks and if I still had diarrhea to go back? Not good.... so I stopped taking the tablets four days ago rightly or wrongly and will see how I get on. I still have the diarrhea but no other symptoms yet?

• Posted

Thanks Kevin its happening to me about 4 times a day and stomachache . was that the same for you. Feel worst now than before I started the

pills x

• Posted

Hi Jessie just wanted to give you an update since I threw those "Devil's own" tablets in the bin almost two weeks ago.  I can honestly say I feel much better, more calm and less anxious, also my tummy symptons have now finally gone... no more diarrhea..... back to normal at last.  I will never ever take Sertraline again and if I'm ever prescribed any tablets for anything in the future I will make sure I properly research them and any side effects they can cause before taking them.

I do hope things have improved for you?  Take care.

• Posted

Kevin thank you for keeping in touch. I have gone down from 100 mg to 25 , still have the problem running to bathroom . I want to come off them . good to hear your doing great
    • Posted

Hi Jessie I'm sure that when you finally come off these horrible tablets you will soon see an improvement and your tummy will return to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.