Stool Test Negative But I See Worms in Stool!

Posted , 208 users are following.

I'm almost certain I have worms, I just don't know what kind. So I've been having gastro symptoms for over 5 months now. Colonoscopy, blood work and ultrasound all came back normal. My first stool test came back negative 2 weeks ago. Symptoms include pressure/bloating in the belly, burning sensation/heat and diarrhea/constipation, etc. My doctor is pretty useless and isn't even curious to see my pix but here they are what do you guys think? At first I saw small oval off-white objects like rice grains which I suspected to be eggs. Then later on they turned into cone-like shapes with a little strand of hair on the end and darker in color but lately I've been seeing what I think are the actual worms with bigger and longer stringy bodies in my stool. I'm sorry these pix are quite disgusting but I just want to get some feedback. These are definitely parasites right?! imageimageimageimage

Thanks so much!

Tim

4 likes, 257 replies

257 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

I am going through the same thing!! I went on a trip to Colombia in June and got sick on the last day I was there. I went to an internal medicine doctor did blood work and a stool test in mid June. All came back negative. I was prescribed an antibiotic for a few days and that was it. I had diarrhea until November and then all the sudden one day it stopped and I had constipation. A few weeks ago I saw a worm in my stool! I returned to my internal medicine doctor did another stool test and negative again. In the past 2 weeks I have no appetite and have lost 6 pounds. Every time I do eat my stomach distends and I get extremely bloated. I saw a GI doctor 3 days ago, and he informed me there is a better stool test done by QDx Pathology so waiting on the results from that.

When I did my stool test I saw at least 6 worms! imageimage

One of the medications that is used called Albendazole is $1000 for only 6 pills 😦

I saw an acupuncturist since I am having such a hard time and he recommended Bing Lang. I have also been eating pumpkin seeds which are supposed to help. My background is a physician assistant. I cannot believe what a frustrating process this has been and lack of help.

• Posted

Hey i recently had an Ova and parasite test done getting the results tmr .. I put so many eggs and worms in that sample that if it comes back negative just know its set up this way you need to find a work around, explain this to the doctor pay the 1000 and rid the infection you dont want this infection to spread because from what ive heard and seen it is deadly, dont worry though ive had this infection for about 2 1/2 years and im still here so dont give up look up intestinepro on amazon black walnut cloves wormwood and dicatumus earth will help you clear the infection with assistance with the antibioticis

• Edited

My stool test came back negative again for ova and parasite even though I put all those worms in there! Did you get your results back?

I am taking the albendazole now at the recommendation of my doctor because he believes it could still be parasites even though the test was negative. So hopefully will feel better if not I need a colonoscopy. My stool test also showed a high level of calprotectin which indicates inflammation. Which they want to investigate further. So ready to feel normal again!

• Edited

Send one for DNA analysis. its like $60. Doctors dont care, apparently. It's a DIY world

haaaahaaaaa

• Edited

Dont go directly to the pharmacy. Get your pills online they're muuuuucchh cheaper! What you pay 1k for isnt even 100 online. Messed up how they wanna charge u all this money for less than 10 pills. RIDICULOUS

• Edited

Hello everyone,

Ive had issues but mine has been chronic constipation for over 15 years now. It has progressively become worse of course. Anyhow I did notice a few of the people that keep saying the rx is alot of money which of course they are with or without insurance. I learned this quite some time ago and when my doctor first told me about it I was like ya okay doctor but I have a pcp so I do not need it and also I thought how much cheaper would this company even be. sure they are doctor I thought to myself and said ok doctor not a problem thank you for the info

so I went to see him and I was in between insurances and it was a holiday weekend or some weird stuff and so I went to CVS to get my rx filled because I had a bout of asthma with a infection in my lungs - I thought how much could it be and it was late in night., I about pooped myself when the darn pharmacy attempted to charge me hundreds of dollars for an antibiotic prednisone an inhaler and one other drug I am talking like 200 just for one I said no thanks just ill take the antibiotic oh and a cough suppressant

I the next day finally decided to test what my doctor would tell me about this store

COSTCO WITHOUT A MEMBERSHIP PEOPLE . U WALK RIGHT IN AND FLASH YOUR PRESCRIPTION PIECE OF PAPER NOD TOWARD THE PHARMACY AND THEY WAIVE YOU RIGHT IN. NO COSTCO MEMBERSHIP NEEDED TO USE THEIR PHARMACY

so I got in line and it was my turn I explained that I did not have an insurance I was between them. i would suggest everyone even with insurance to state this - I was floored - the tech told me for all 3 of my medicines it was like under 40 bucks!! i was blown the eff away- from that day on I respect Costco and the people that own it- they care - this was like 3 to 4 years ago and my dr told me this info for over 8 years before i tested it out. incredible

Costco pharmacy will help you

• Posted

Just go to your feed store . I'm having the same parasites. I took albendazole for 8 days. I'll have to take it again in 2 weeks. To kill the eggs.

• Edited

I have been in the same boat, very similar pics and idiot Dr. 's , I thought they were flukes too but now after 14 + months. 5 or 6 months ago I started to see wings and entinas, legs , so it turns out they are several types of diptera flies, ( myiasis ) now I've been trying to identify them. I've identified 2 of the smaller ones but still have several others to identify andin the process of sebeing new drs. to get them to believe me, after the first dr. implied delusional, others have gone with that instead of giving me a chance. also myiasi I don't think will show up on blood, stool urine etc test , they have to identify the larvae or fly. I hope and pray this may help someone.

• Edited

your not crazy and if you are i am too!! have you found out what cures this or what it is?

• Edited

im going thru the exact same thing & have been for about a year now. Everyone thinks i’m crazy and sometimes I do too. All tests came back negative but something is not right. I’ve stopped talking about it because people think I’m hallucinating. Having surgery in a few days and worried that this will affect me negatively in the future

• Edited

Dan I had exactly the same issue. I had many of that tapeworms in my stool plus the fact that my stool was almost diarrhea all the time and was very mucus and fetid.

I made two times urine and blood analysis but they showed negative results for parasites even though the leukocytes values were higher than normal.

Nevertheless the medics that I went for all said to me that it was nothing. Fortunately, I spoke to an old friend from my youth (with whom I had not spoken for a long time) that is now a gastroenterologist and he gave me praziquantel (Biltricide) in two single dosages, each one of 25mg/kg for body weight, to be taken with a time interval of three days during the treatment and like three days after the treatment my stool was releasing much more tapeworms than it was. Some days later my stool started to look normal once again.

Basically he showed the samples like you have in the photos to a vet and he told him that it looked like dipylidium caninum and so he risked to treat that tapeworm and I feel much better now.

Hope this may help someone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.