Stop anxiety attacks

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI name is Maria. I am new here n I've been having anxiety attacks for 2 weeks. I have gotten with doctors n just give me medicine. I Google them n they sound dangerous for myself n my health. So I stop using them n I am trying chamomile tea to try to ease my anxiety. What u would u recommend stop the medicine or drink more chamomile tea.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Therapy and cbt. Knowledge is power to manage  anxiety.

Learn deep belly breathing. Bellybio app can teach you that.zero caffiene and try to eat balanced meals and keeo hydrated. Take a b complex vitamin daily and. Try to always find stuff to be grateful for no matter how small or little. That feeling of gratitude and thankfullness is the total opposite of the fear and anxiety so it feels good on the body. And walk walk and walk somemire. Very calming.

at nught if it acts up chamomile tea is nice and passion flower tea will make you sleepy. 

• Posted

Thank u but my only problem is that I took my last pill 24 hrs ago n could still drink the chamomile tea.
    • Posted

Shame on your doctor that that eas the first choice of meds! Klonopin is great but better as needed. And a last resort unless tremors are involved. Thats a very addicting drug for first line use. I hope tess reads this. She can be of help here. Half of what dose? You can still have the tea love. Its fine
    • Posted

You might not like this advice. But you have been on it two weeks. And i dont know half of dosage of what amount so..but if  you were only taking 0.125mgs (1/4 of a 0.5mg pill) once a day, then that is a very small dose and you should be ok to stop. If you were taking more than this on a daily basis then you may wish to taper off by reducing your daily dose by half for a couple of weeks before stopping. For other people who may read this, if you are taking a higher daily dosage of klonopin or any other type of benzodiazepine DO NOT stop abruptly. Anyway, there are other ways to manage stress without medication such as talk therapy with a counselor. 
    • Posted

Klonopin has a long half life so you wouldnt feel its withsrawl effects for about 40 hours of the last pill. 
    • Posted

Can you half the half for two weeks? Taoer it off?  Bring it one forth a pill? Did you only use it ince a day?
    • Posted

You cant just stop. You have to taper this. The winthdrawl will be bad. So first call your gp and tell him you want off. Ask him if he knows how to taper it. And to tell you. Otherwise half the dose for two weeks. Ine fourt the oill instead of half...You cant just stop it. Its a potent drug. Wean off it so it goes smoothly.two week intervals. One pill stay in your system for ten days so you know, reread what i wrote you above. And call and tell your doctor. The best scenario is to get a osychiatrist asap and he will helo you wean off it and if needed replace it with a non addictive medicine.
    • Posted

i know this isnt what you were looking for but im glad you came onto the forum. Now you know you cant stop this med cold turkey and have to taper it down. So you just saved yourself some very uncomfortable experiences.
    • Posted

I went yesterday to a pyshistrist n she another medication that is called Buspar is not addicted
    • Posted

It takes about five to six weeks to work and its nice for relieve of  GAD. Actually whilst your tapering that will all work out well for you.
    • Posted

It's really sad to read things like this. Did your doctor prescribe you with anything else? A typical approach in your case would be to prescribe a SSRI with an anti-anxiety profile (e.g. paroxetine or sertraline) to be taken daily and also give you a long-lasting benzodiazepine (diazepam) to be used occasionally, when required. If clonazepam is all you got, I suggest seeing another doctor sad

• Posted

I AM reading it, in case anyone's interested.....

Maria, is clonazepam the only medicine you were given? Please tell me what dose.

Was it 0.5mg or 2mg?

And yes, it is extremely addictive.

Have as much camomile tea as you like, darling. And go and see a better doctor, ok? Clonazepam is NOT the first choice of medication here, my love. It would be a last resort, really.

Keep us posted!

Love Tess xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.