stop smoking five year's ago need some help please. ..

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi had chest xray done .I have no cough slight out of breath has I have asthma. doctor's have now told me I have mild change if my lung copd.when I asked does this mean I have the decease she said it might just be frm the damage from smoking all those years ago.am so worried and stressed.  does this mean this is the beginning of a death sentence? not sleeping or eating.sad

1 like, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hard as it is Mandy try and realx.... try no to worry, worry can make things worse ... 

Not sure about the soaps Morgan, I not watched TV for 15 years or more ... cheesygrin

but Mandy relax, put your feet up .. tell Hubby Morgan and me said he's to go get you a nice box of chocs ... smile ... If chest infection don't clear it may be wise to ask for some prednisolone... they are really good for getting rid of persistant chest infections .. 

Leave all the housework/cooking etc .. let hubby take charge and sit back and eat those chocolates ... if you do social media and are on facebook ... add me as a friend .. Wendy egg fried Rice . Take care smile x

• Posted

aww thank you wendy .hubby has been helping bless him we work together he has his own business and if am off he has to take time off so I need to get better soon . I will have a look for you on face book..smile x
  • Posted

No Mandy....you're ok sweetie.  I have severe COPD and i have learned that I can live a long time as long as I take my meds and don't exert too much...and use my oxygen as needed. You don't need any of those things so far and so you are gonna be ok. You need to reed all the postings from folks in here and Google it....you'll learn so much. How old are you? I'm sure your Dr is gonna prescribe you some kind of inhaler or pill that will help keep your lungs open and that's probably it. However, I'm not a Dr so I can't promise you anything.  Take a deep breath and count to 10...if u can..lol...it st gonna be ok sweetie. Now eat something and get some rest....then research it. There are Sooo many levels of COPD. Holla at me anytime....ladyjack51
    • Posted

hi ladyjack am so frightened and scared I never been so down.my hubby getting to point where is staying away from me.i don't think am copping very well and it's only the beginning. ...there are so many wonderful people on here.thank you for your kinds word I feel like am in a very dark place right mow.and can't see through the trees yet.xxxx
    • Posted

I think I'm in a similar place to you atm so I understand how you're feeling but I'm glad I've found this group. Please feel free to PM me if you want smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.