Stopped Celexa one week ago. Now feeling BAD!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I have been on Celexa for Anxiety and Depression for 1 1/2 years. Was in it about 5 years ago for the same thing and came off. First time on was due to Alcohol withdrawal. Second time is because of the loss of my son.

I was on 40mg and weaned down to 5mg over a 3 month period. I've been on 5mg for about 1 months.

I have been feeling really good and wanted to Jump off of the 5mg but my doctor wanted me to wait a few months. I went in vacation this past week and was feeling so good I forgot to take my meds for 3 days. When I realized it, I was afraid to take them after that long and thought I would be fine.

Well today about 7 days off I feel REALLY BAD with Anxiety!!! Also feel that the depression could come back because I am scared of what is happening to me. I've been through this Anxiety before but it feels like the first time for some reason???

Should I take the 5mg of Celexa??? Or should I tough this out??? I don't want to be on this drug for the rest of my life because I'm afraid it might not work for me after a while and then I would be in worse shape if that even makes sense.

I can't believe I was feeling completely back to normal and now this!!!

Waiting to hear back from my doctor but really scared and would like any advise. PLEASE!!!!

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Man this has been a roller coaster ride and I WANT OFF!!! Finally feeling better now but I'm sure it won't last!!! This blows my mind!!!! I thought I was cured!!!

I was on 40mg and got down to 5mg, you would think I could just jump!

Just want to thank you again Angel, you truly made getting through this day a lot easier!!!!

• Posted

Hey, how are you feeling today?

Infact where are you based is it America? Only because you said 'mom' and we say mum, anyway I'm in England and it's morning here.... I'm feeling not too bad.

Yeah I thought I could just jump off 5mg... but I think my brain just needs that little side kick. But I'm staying on 10mg for a while.

How are you feeling today anyway?

• Posted

Hi Angel, yes in the United States. Really glad to hear you feel better. It's morning here now and I woke up feeling ok and then it slowly crept up on me and the tingling and anxiety are here now but not as bad as I felt yesterday. I took the meds again. Going to stay on them for a while!!!

I just hope this doesn't get any worse!!!

• Posted

You will feel funny for a few days but it will subside quickly trust me!
  • Posted

Still feeling bad. About 30mins After taking the 10mg of Celexa I felt worse. Anxiety high it's an Amped up feeling. I'm thinking it's the medication getting back in to my system. I'm going to goto 5mg tomorrow and stay there. That's what I was on when I got off.

I'm curious to know what you consider feeling bad? For me it's this feeling of adrenaline, tingling in arms and legs. Heart feeling like it's beating faster. Fear of this feeling lasting forever! I really don't know how else to explain it and really don't understand why it makes me feel so bad! I know I worry about it getting worse and depression following it!

I guess there is slight depression involved because when I feel like this I don't want to do anything.

It's funny because I've been through this before and it does get better but every time I go through it I feel like it never will! Funny's not a good word for it that's for sure!!!

• Posted

This is crazy!!! Feel like a million bucks right now!!!
    • Posted

Hi, how are you feeling now?

I'm not long in from work so I've only just been able to reply.

Yes when I went back on the medication I felt worse for about 4-5 days, then I lifted! Feeling so much bette now.

Have you tried proponol .. the beta blocker? It really helps with anxiety attacks!

• Posted

Not feeling as good as I did but not as bad as yesterday. Have like a weak feeling, like when you take a nap and feel bad after you wake up; only way I can explain it.

You're the BEST Angel!!! I am honestly so glad you are feeling better!!! You are a good person!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!

• Posted

The bad feelings I was experiencing was things like.... an over load of adrenaline... heart beating faster, a feeling of complete dread... feeling very fearful... scared of the future! Scared of death... a bit like existential crisis... no appetite, belly ache and the runs. Feeling scared and paralysed to my bed. Over running scary thoughts.

That's what I felt as bad... it's just horrible!

I'd rather just think about what I want for tea.. not worrying about everything.

I'm feeling so much better now though! Looking after myself.

How are you feeling? Won't be long until you start feeling better 👍🏻👍🏻

• Posted

Also another thing to think about is that our subconscious mind is linked with our main travelling thoughts.. so each morning say to yourself 'dear subconscious mind please turn off this anxiety - thank you subconscious mind' - this helped me so much.

😇

• Posted

Wow Angel those are everything I feel!!!!!!! Not as scary knowing its common! I would take the front lines in any war then have to deal with this Crap, HONESTLY!!!!!!!!

I am actually feeling normal again after feeling bad this morning.

I am definitely getting better just like you said!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

• Posted

7am here, man the mornings are still bad! Not as bad as the first morning. Most of the day yesterday was pretty good, felt completely back to normal lastnight.

Must be getting better I hope!

Wish I could put into words what I feel like! It's like a fear of going insane or something. Tingling, heart rate elevated. The fear of losing control.

Hope you and everyone reading this are doing ok!

And for those reading it they are going through this, it does get better!!! I've been through it twice already and know it gets better but when you are going through it, at least for me it feels like it might not ever get better! It will, we just have to hang on!!!

It's people like Angel and Kate that keep us going and I appreciate it so much!!!!

• Posted

Fab sounds like your getting better, yes I was EXACTLY the same! Worse in mornings... then gradually feeling better and feeling normal by the evening.

This past week I've felt completely normal in the mornings.. hahaa... I've been rolling about in bed smiling cuddling my quilt feeling finally at peace! ...... and you will do too!! Soon! I promise.

I'm trying to figure out our time difference!

Glad you are feeling better! Each day will get better! You may have the odd day where you feel a little bit crap! But overall you will just improve.

Don't feel so pressured on yourself next time when or if you try to come off, and if you do... do it slowly. I think I'm gonna stay on a low dose, the extra serotonin does me good and keeps my low mood balanced smile

Do you have hobbies? 😀

I enjoy painting which helps distract my noisy mind haha

• Posted

Everything you have said has been Spot On!!! I am feeling much better in the mornings the passed two days now and all day!!!

God Bless You Angel and THANK YOU SO MUCH for being there for me!!!!!!!

I am I to so many things so I can stay busy when I don't feel Horrible!

Hope you are still doing good!!! I think I will stay on a low dose for a long while as well!!!

• Posted

Yay! This is great! I'm glad to hear this! I'm doing well.... I felt a bit anxious today as I heard from someone who I'm not keen on. So I'm trying to learn to not be so bothered! Hahaaaa

Onwards and upwards!

• Posted

Still doing pretty good here. As you said there are times of feeling slightly off but nothing like before!

Glad to hear you have been good aside from the situation that happened. It's good that you know what triggered your anxiety! Hopefully you can somehow get that person out of your life!!!

Best wishes to you Angel!!! And you are an Angel!!!

• Posted

Good to hear from you!

I'm glad you are feeling better! I'm feeling better also!

Yes regards to that person I am very much arms length with that person now.

I'm learning that we need to protect ourselves against negativity in life.

Yes done days can be a little bit off, but the more time that goes by the more settled we become! 😁👍🏻

I'm not even gonna think about coming off for a good good while! I think I'll always be on a low dose atleast! I function better!

And I love to be happy!

Thank you, for calling me an angel, funny you say that because I paint angels. 😇

• Posted

Glad to hear you are feeling good Angel!!! And glad that you are keeping negativity at a distance!

I wish you nothing but Peace On Earth!!!! God Bless!!!!

• Posted

I hope you are still feeling better!

I'm much better, currently weening off beta blockers. 😁

• Posted

Oh that's great news!!!

I guess I'm still in Repair Mode, after more than a week of feeling back to normal it hit me the past two days. I was able to handle it and I feel better today. I'm still a little off! Hopefully this won't be my life but if it is at least it's not everyday!

As you already know and are doing, Take It Slow with the Beta Blocker!!!!

• Posted

Yes I've had the little off day but nothing like before.

I guess that's where we are a little bit more normal!? As I guess we don't have everyday a good day.

Glad you just charged through it with your head held high!

I breathe through mine! 😁

Oh yes I'm taking it easy with the beta blocker. Feeling ok so far, have the odd day where I feel like my heart is pounding out my chest! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.