Stopped Celexa one week ago. Now feeling BAD!!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I have been on Celexa for Anxiety and Depression for 1 1/2 years. Was in it about 5 years ago for the same thing and came off. First time on was due to Alcohol withdrawal. Second time is because of the loss of my son.

I was on 40mg and weaned down to 5mg over a 3 month period. I've been on 5mg for about 1 months.

I have been feeling really good and wanted to Jump off of the 5mg but my doctor wanted me to wait a few months. I went in vacation this past week and was feeling so good I forgot to take my meds for 3 days. When I realized it, I was afraid to take them after that long and thought I would be fine.

Well today about 7 days off I feel REALLY BAD with Anxiety!!! Also feel that the depression could come back because I am scared of what is happening to me. I've been through this Anxiety before but it feels like the first time for some reason???

Should I take the 5mg of Celexa??? Or should I tough this out??? I don't want to be on this drug for the rest of my life because I'm afraid it might not work for me after a while and then I would be in worse shape if that even makes sense.

I can't believe I was feeling completely back to normal and now this!!!

Waiting to hear back from my doctor but really scared and would like any advise. PLEASE!!!!

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi - I was on 30mg Cit and doing well. STUPID STUPID, I started slacking off with taking it so I was taking it about 2-3 times a week so it is still in my body.  Then the anxiety returned. I'm back taking it daily.  I think we do this quite a lot since we feel we are back to normal when we are not.  Does anyone know how long it takes to get back to the way I was feeling.  I went about 4 or 5 weeks doing this.  I don't have sky high anxiety but it is definitely there and now the same as before, mornings are worse.  I'm sure I'm not the first or will be the last but will not forget this lesson. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.