Stopped mirtazapine 3months ago

Posted , 8 users are following.

im of mirtazapine 13wks today over last few wks I have had some good days a few bad ones also but last few days ive this awful ringing sound in my head anyone else get this ??

also anixety is pretty high again 

kaz

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yep, it's a positive really, shows your receptors are healing !!  Yayyy

• Posted

Hi Calmer

so glad to hear this as I was starting to think I did definitely lost the plot, id a good few wks just with a few dips in the road but nothing that out of the scale, but then I started getting this sound in my head mostly when I was just about to sleep like  zap sound but went right through my head.. (really strange sound and feeling ) now the ringing in my ears started ...

my anixety isn't definitely as bad as what it was but it's still hanging about guess it all just takes time

Thank you very much for your reply 

kaz 

• Posted

Calmer

can I ask where you are in this mirtazapine journey? Have you completley titrated off?and stayed off,and for how long?and if so how long until all withdrawel symptoms completley resolved? Are you now medication free?or did you go to a different antidepressant? Sorry for all the questions,but you may be able to offer hope to many on here.what I find baffling is,I can't see any success stories,and after going through this hell titration get off,if I have success story would 100% share it,and give other poor souls hope.

• Posted

is this based on scientific evidence @Calmer

• Posted

Tinnitus is a discontinuation symptom x
    • Posted

My head feels full ? This noise is awful .. 

just hope it takes itself off soon..

Them zaps in my head are so annoying also ,in dunno if theyr actually zaps are just big loud noises but only happen when I'm in bed lying down??

kaz 

• Posted

I get the zaps Kaz. Use to wake me up early hours of the morning. Thought something was breaking in my head! 
    • Posted

Graeme

i don't know what this is it seems to only happen before I fall asleep?? But it's bloody awful now this ringing is my ears...

that mirt has a lot to answer for 

hope your feeling a little better ?

kaz

• Posted

I use to get it coming from the front of my head, usually at bed time.

Then I started to get them coming from the back of my head at early hours of the morning. Coincided with me not sleeping well at the time. 

But then everything is so much more noticeable when you go to sleep in the dark and quiet! 

Still quiet fatigued with a good mixture of anxiety added on for an extra bit of fun! Weird combination. Never felt so slow mentally but then weird at the same time. Just don't what to do with myself half the time! 

Waiting game I guess...

• Posted

It's crazy as you say it's a waiting game for us just wish the wks would go in little faster tho I'm not feeling as bad today as I done past 2 days..

goodknows only knows what the noise is in my brain probably the remainders of my brain getting fried 😱😮😲

• Posted

Hi Graeme

Are you tapering/off Mirt?  

Yes those sudden "brain zaps" in the middle of the night ... best description I even heard was "like a freight train entering my bedroom" !   Suddenly comes & then gone in a flash, frightening when it first happens though.  

• Posted

Hi Calmer,

Yeah been off Mirtz now for 4mths. Still experiencing a lot of the withdrawal symptoms. Anxiety/depression/lack of energy/intolerance to noise, amongst others!

Just hoping that the end of this is near 🤞🏻

Graeme

• Posted

Can I ask what dose you were originally on? And did you taper?and what rate?
    • Posted

I was on 45mg Chrisy. 

Came off via instructions from GP. He had me drop to 30mg for about a month then down to 15mg for about a week, then stop. Way too fast for the length of time I was on it. But only found that out weeks after unfortunately. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.