Stopped mirtazapine 3months ago

Posted , 8 users are following.

im of mirtazapine 13wks today over last few wks I have had some good days a few bad ones also but last few days ive this awful ringing sound in my head anyone else get this ??

also anixety is pretty high again 

kaz

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That meant to say goodness only know.. il stopping writing on here as no matter what I type pops up different words 
  • Posted

Kaz, keep writing. You are a vital source to everyone!
    • Posted

Aw so nice of you Gretel

it just annoys me I sit and type big letter out and before I know it's gone ?? Only happens when I'm in this site don't know why ??

il keep in touch with you through mailing you

hopefully we will get to the end of this mirt crap journey 

kaz

• Posted

Hi kaz

i get tinnitus (never had it before in my life) during tapering,sometimes hours or days,or few weeks then goes,mine is oddly only in my left ear? Weird,and mine sounds like a whirling washing machine drum going round,others describe it has ringing,so seems common.

hope calmers response below is right,and we're both healing yay,

• Posted

Brain zaps are a sign that your neurotransmitters are trying to normalise, but they can also be a side effect of going on a new med, brain zaps feel like constant electric shocks one after the other, you'll know if you have one as it really hurts, I stopped having them a few weeks ago x

• Posted

It's definitely not zaps I'm getting then as this doesn't hurt, it just like something going through my head,it's gone in a second then another one comes along this goes on to I fall asleep and only happenes when I'm ready to sleep... it's probably another gift from mirtazapine withdrawls...

im now heading into week 14 free of mirtazapine so I'm hoping nit much longer until the crap withdrawls go..

but as you all know they can go on and on for so long...

i am on different antidepressants so maybe that's where the noise in my head is coming from but I'd been on this antidepressants for yrs before they switched me to mirtazapine and didn't have the noise..

well im saying nothing to doc about the noise in my head as I couldn't live through another change if antidepressants and these ones I'm on now seem to been the only knows that help me and I don't get side effects from them( or mayb the noise is a side effect )

dont know but il stick the noise in my head rather than live a life feeling like was when taking mirtazapine 

hope you all are feeling little better today 😁

Im feeling lifeless and anixety still hanging about 🙁

But onwards we go in hope that we are on the last bend of our hateful journey...

kaz x

• Posted

I hope so Kaz, like I said yesterday I felt really good and today feel like I'm at square one again, I'm that dizzy and nauseous I can hardly move x

• Posted

Hi Kaz. I have been off 4 months and still having bad days. I too started slight ringing in my ears about a month ago. Thought it was the beta blockers. My anxiety level is high and insomnia still bad. When I do sleep with help I wake frequently in a hot sweat. I never thought w/d would last this long. Am now considering going on a different a/d which is what doc wants me to do plus counselling.
    • Posted

Hi Linda 

the ringing must be another gift from mirt ...

im heading close to week 14 free of mirt crap..

yes im back on antidepressants the ones my doc took me of and replaced them with the awful mirtazapine...

i also attend the physc every 12 wk but I see my cpn every 4 wks for me it doesn't help seeing them but I'm sure it helps others so mayb you should give it a try you have nothing to lose

keep strong we will get there in the end 

kaz x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.