Stopped Taking Birth-Control Pills....Now I'm Dizzy....?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi ladies...hope you're all doing well...has anyone else had this experience?

Dizziness/lightheadedness (the feeling like you're walking on a boat or that you're about to fall over even when you're sitting or standing still) has been one of my worst (and scariest) perimenopause symptoms, but it's gotten worse since I stopped taking low-dose birth control pills. I had bloodwork done recently which indicated that my estradiol level was 30 (which I think is pretty low, right?) and my FSH was 42.4. Could the fact that my estrogen levels are likely even lower now that I've stopped the pills be contributing to my dizziness? Am I imagining things, or has this happened to other people as well?

I'm doing my best to not imagine the worst or Google my symptoms...please let me know if you've had a similar response...thanks smile

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Would love to know if peoples symptoms have improved at all. I'm sufferinf in perimenopaise (although nobody will confirm it), but I know my life chaged 2 and a half years ago when I came off birth control and has fotten worse since. Looking for some hope. Please.

• Posted

Hi new to this site hope there's still someone out there. I'm 51 . when I was 49 I started feeling dizzy and nausias when I got up which led to a doctors appointment. they took my blood pressure and it dropped once i stood up. this led to ecg s that said my heart was dodgy. i stressed I thought it was peri but doctor said it wasn't. I then was told by a doc that it was something called wolf white syndrome and needed an op. I then went for pre surgery meeting and that doctor laughed and said no you haven't. It's anxiety and lack of salt. I went back to my gp and asked her to go on the mini pill. after a monthi lost all the dizziness and nausia. The past few weeks I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and had to come off the mini pill and now I'm back to exactly how I felt before. so I'm convinced the mini pill helped . I've read this and can't believe other people have had this problem and thst b6 helps any other natural kinds of help out there please im desperate its bad enough going through the bc without this

• Posted

Try eating food containing soy, including tofu. I understand that sunflower seeds and avocados could help too. I recommend that you see a natural medicine doctor. Also, flaxseeds in any way and chia can helps you!

Hope you are feeling better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.