Strange Abdominal Sensation / Whoosh type feeling.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All

Just wondering if someone can give me some advice, or has experienced something similar to this one wierd sensation that I keep getting now and again.

Today, I was sat on the sofa, having a break from my current, ongoing health problems (see discussion 'Whats going on with my digestive system?'), when I got this sudden, out of the blue sensation that can only be described as a pressure type 'whoosh' feeling that starts around the middle to upper abdomen just below my chest, and rises quickly all the way to my head. At the same time I get a feeling that I am going to black out, pass out, collapse and I find it difficult to focus my vision. This all lasts no more than a minute, maybe less, and then I am left feeling 'spaced out' and start to yawn every 15 - 20 seconds or so. At the same time my heart rate seems to be raised to around 90+ bpm (at rest my heart rate is usually 70 bpm), I feel hot to touch but get cold chills and shiver, nausea and light headedness. After about 10 - 15 minutes things settle to experience nausea, tiredness and a slight headache. Then a few hours later, I go back to how I was before the whole episode started, but feel very slightly drunk (I haven't touched alcohol for 10 months now). There are no pains to speak of during these episodes.

My other discussion highlights stomach / digestive issues I've been having for almost a year now, for which I have an appointment with a Gastroenterologist in a months time. These problems consist of bloating, burping, frequent nausea, reoccuring diarrhoea, sharp pains all over abdomen, feeling like my insides have been scratched and torn apart, amongst other things. I have an inability to eat fruit, some vegetables and sugar / confectionary as these make the above symptoms worse. I am currently taking Omeprazole and Colofac (been on these for 10 months), and Amitriptylene (been taking 10mg for last couple of months), to help with my abdominal problems.

I have only experienced this 'whoosh' type sensation 5 - 6 times in my life, but they have all happened since I've been having these health problems, so I think they could be linked, but don't know why they would be happening. There was nothing to indicate that it was going to happen today, for the last few days I've actually been feeling well, which is quite a rare occurrence for me.

If anyone has any info, or advice they could share with me about this, I would be very grateful. I want to know if I should be seeing my GP about this asap, or whether it is likely to be linked to my current abdominal problems. I'm definitely missing out on vitamins, etc due to the lack of varied diet I can eat, and the reoccurring diarrhoea (which is a very frequent experience).

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Paul

Yes you can it's around £50 to buy I'm not aloud to advertise do key in search for

Hpylori Test kit and there you will be able to buy it to test at home

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.