Strange fuzzy head with sort of pulsing at temples

Posted , 18 users are following.

After suffering new headaches with a pulsing sensation at my temples, along with tingling on one side of my face, I was convinced I had either a brain tumour or multiple sclerosis.

I was referred to a neurologist who confirmed I have neither of these, thank God, and spoke very sensibly about hormones and anxiety!  It was such a relief not only to have this confirmation about my fear, which I had worried about for months, but also to have a great doctor listent to me and not just think I was "another crazy woman in midlife."  Is anyone else having these quite scary symptoms???

Much love to you all.

x

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I swear you could be describing me.  I have had a constant headache, dizziness the lot.  It is horrible.xx

• Posted

It really is horrible, isn't it.  Do you sometimes get the nausea along with it?  xx
  • Posted

Hello Joanna, yes i have had the different headaches and always with pulsating.  I had this kind of headache lasting the whole of september which completley brought me down and are very scary i thought i would have a stroke but i seem to have got rid of it for now. I dread getting them again as i do get a lot of headaches but not always bad ones.  Lucky you having a supportive GP cos mine really hasnt got time for menopausal women. Much love back to you and a big hug x  
    • Posted

Hi there

Poor you.  Yes mine is supportive as she told me she went through quite similar symptoms to me not that very long ago.  I think we just get used to some of these horrible symproms and yet another weird one springs up.  Love and hugs to you too xx

• Posted

Hi Joanna,

It’s quite common story at this age, so don’t worry. It’s good that you meet the doctor at correct time. Develop some relaxation technique. These will help you out. All the best.

• Posted

I'm the same ,look up link to Jays Meno symptoms .that will erasure you your not going nuts .This meno leads you into a lot of worrying ,it's a right bitch of a condition .

Go find that link to meno ,have good read up .

• Posted

OMGosh! I seriously thought I had a brain tumor too! LOL I was sea sick, nauseous and had this constant pressure in my head. I'm a migraine sufferer, but this was different. Some days I felt like a vice was squeezing my head by both temples. I rarely get them anymore and the sea sickness with that horrible dizzyness is gone. Hang in there ladies... you're not crazy, it's not a tumor and this too shall pass! smile

Oh, also, I found that cutting certain foods out of my diet helped a lot. Too much caffine in the morning would set the dizzyness right into action. Benedryl (allergy pill) kicked those pressure headaches into gear. They would last for days. Akkkk! Take care and I hope you feel much better, really soon! 

• Posted

Interesting about the Benadryl. I too have been through the worrying of MS, brain tumour etc. I have the tight headaches andB pain through least head and face. Also really stiff neck and muscles in upper back, shoulder, jaw etc. xx
    • Posted

Yeah, I have the mid back pain, upper back pain, stiff neck and also twitching all over the place.  Oh, and eye pain as well!

xx

• Posted

I actually have the upper back pinched nerve as I type! Argh! I do get the twitching from time to time and have had the eye pain! Fun times! LOL 
    • Posted

Noooo the Benedryl made them worse. It made them last longer too... Don't use it. (sorry for the confusion) 
    • Posted

Don't take Benedryl if on BP tablets either ,just saying ,sends BP up .
    • Posted

Hi Joanna. I have the twitching too and it's probably the symptom I worry most about. A lady on here suggested I try a magnesium supplement. I googled magnesium deficiency and what I found seemed to fit my symptoms. I'm going to buy the magnesium this week, when I can get into town, but the lady said to be careful which types I try as some can have unpleasant side effects. I think it was carenj that told me about it.
    • Posted

Hi Lara

I have started taking magnesium- chelated type.  The neurologist told me to take it.  I think it has started to help a bit.

x

• Posted

Joanne, where did you get the chelated type? I went to Holland & Barrett today and all they had was oxide. The shop assistant hadn't even heard of chelated ... Did you order it online?
    • Posted

Hi Lara

Yes I ordered it on line from seaforde health Store.  The chelated bit stops it from upsetting your stomach. I don't but any tablets from h and b as I don't find them good quality.  

Also any good independent health shop should stock them.

X

• Posted

Cool. Thanks for the advice. I've just googled it and Amazon sell it but I'll search for Seaforde and see what comes up. Trying to think if there are any independent health shops nearby. It would be good to see what other brands\types there are out there. The vitamin supplement thing is new to me - only started it recently for peri - so haven't had a good look around yet but will do so very soon x
    • Posted

Lara, Solgar are a good brand. You can get them on Amazon xx
    • Posted

Yes, I googled them and Solgar is the brand that came up so I will buy them, I think.  Many thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.