Strange fuzzy head with sort of pulsing at temples

Posted , 18 users are following.

After suffering new headaches with a pulsing sensation at my temples, along with tingling on one side of my face, I was convinced I had either a brain tumour or multiple sclerosis.

I was referred to a neurologist who confirmed I have neither of these, thank God, and spoke very sensibly about hormones and anxiety!  It was such a relief not only to have this confirmation about my fear, which I had worried about for months, but also to have a great doctor listent to me and not just think I was "another crazy woman in midlife."  Is anyone else having these quite scary symptoms???

Much love to you all.

x

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, I have experienced the dizziness without headaches, and then at times it will proceed the headache!  It is frustrating and can be debillitating at times where I surrender and just lay down!  Best to you!
    • Posted

Do you ever feel like you are so sore everywhere and tired like you have the flu?

X

• Posted

Oh yes do I recognise these symptoms. I have been backwards and forwards to doctors about my headaches which were happening  on a daily basis till a few months ago. It's affected my life in such a way I had to leave work. I went without a period for 3 months and felt wonderful, no headaches, I just generally felt so much better until last month when I had a period from hell. That sounds very dramatic but it was lol. Back came my headaches, cramping, heavy bleeding, anxiety, hot flushes the whole kaboodle. So it proved to me that it was all hormone related and like you I was convinced I had a brain tumour, and my doctors also think I'm a neurotic woman. The thing is no one explains that these things are normal when your going through peri, if my doctor had sat me down and explained things I wouldn't end up so anxious, it's sites like this and doing my own investigating that has helped me. Take care 
    • Posted

Joanne, you are so right.  I have been so so worried for over a year now and am only really starting to relax now only because I have been to see so many doctors, including, a rheumatologist, gynaecologist and a neurologist.

I had an endometrial ablation 10 weeks ago as I was having such horrendous bleeding.  It has helped to a degree but still bleeding is very prolonged and spotting.  My anxiety.

is through the roof, and I think at the moment I am experiencing about 20 of the peri-symptoms.

It is so good to chat to others in the same boat-very reassuring.  With all of my friends and work colleagues who are of a similar age, none of them are having symptoms to the extreme that I am so therefore always worrying that what I have can't all be hormonal-it has to be something worse!

• Posted

I'm so glad that I joined this group, what a relief to hear other ladies have the same symptoms, thank you for putting my mind at ease ladies....after being at the doctors yet again this morning to be seen by someone who looked about 12 years old and male...he's now referring me yet again to the clinic at the hospital to see if I've had a mini stroke because of fuzzy head, fuzzy left side of face, dizziness????

my vitals all came out normal, strength in arms and legs normal, eyes normal, the only other thing that is wrong with me apart from the menopause is I am suffering from severe Spondylosis and I have 3 bulging discs in my neck which cause quite a few symptoms like headaches, dizziness, chest pain, arm pain, neck pain....I just don't know how much more I can cope with!!!! Just turned 50 today but I feel about 90 :0(

• Posted

Hi Angela

I know what you mean exactly.  I too have neck problems which cause all the symptoms you mention.  I have so many symptoms of peri, I don't think anyone else can possibly have as many as me.  I will be 49 in a few weeks but like you I feel ancient at the moment.  Maybe 2015 will bring us better times!

Hugs to you

Jo

• Posted

thanks Jo, let's hope next year is a lucky one for us, health wise anyway lol
    • Posted

Hi there Joanna, sorry to sound so ignorant but what is Peri ? I have tried to look back over the thread and I'm confused

Thanx Wendy

• Posted

Hi Wendy

It is perimenopause, the time leading up to the menopause, when all your hormones appear, in some women, to go haywire, causing all the horrible symptoms we have been talking about.

Jo

x

• Posted

It was great to be able to read these comments.  For over the past month I have had this fuzzy head feeling as well as a pulsating left temple.  I have checked my BP and its a little high for "normal" people, but it has always been that way.  I do, however, take a benedryl every night to sleep.  I should also say, I am 50 and peri.  There's a lot of odd things happening about this age.  I can say, I don't like it very much.  The mood and fuzziness is not very fun and makes me feel so unproductive. It's really hard to multi-task when you can barely form thoughts!  I hope there is a light at the end of this tunnel. 
  • Posted

Hi I've just come across this thread after googling my symptoms and so glad that I've found out that it's peri meno thats the cause, I was beginning to think all sorts of things were wrong and the doctors must be tired of seeing my face😁 I've always suffered from migraines and now I'm 52 they are getting much worse and also have the  fuzzy head and pulsating temples and lots of other strange sensations!  I wondered if you had come through it all and if things have got better for you? But maybe this thread is out of date now?
  • Posted

On Xmas day I felt unwell. Nausea and then headache.. Boxing Day got worse. Given migraine tabs and didn't work. Headaches got so bad I was hospitalised. Got ct scan and mri showed nothing. Then given BP tabs by my gp as hosp docs were useless in Lanarkshire. No neuro docs none! The bo tabs started to work. Lessening headache been off work three weeks now. But last two days.. back to bad headache. Periods came so sort of ruled that it was pre men headaches. I can't cope any more. I'm at end of my threshold .. unable to move as neck shoulders temples forehead eyes top of head all pulsate.. even lost hearing in left ear as only heard the blood flow. Which did stop after bp tabs.. would magnesium tabs really help? I need something.. please help

• Posted

Hi Suri

Sorry you are having such a rough time.  I take magnesium tablets morning and night as I know they can help relax your whole system.

The more we worry, the worse things get!

I am having like morning sickness symptoms at the moment - horrible.

Stay strong and hang in there.  It all has to pass some day!

Jo

x

• Posted

Yes I know exactly what you mean. I am suffering from weird pressure symptoms in my head, slight hissing in my ears and a slight headache above my eyes.  I also get occasional slight dizziness.  I just need reassurance that I haven't got a brain tumour.  I must admit I didn't consider menopause as a cause for one minute!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.